Founded in 1996, our Online Master of Science in Project Management (OMSPM) program is among the oldest and most reputable specialized degree programs of its kind in the world. With over a decade of educating successful project managers, this unique program blends the study of project management and general management principles, and guides students in mastering advanced project management techniques. Students graduate from the OMSPM program with the tools to be the most effective project managers and greatly improved prospects for advancement and career change.
A Program with Unparalleled Benefits
- Top-notch dedicated faculty with industry experience in astrophysics, engineering, IT, construction, and more
- A challenging curriculum that goes beyond the PMBOK and exposes students to international methodologies, decision sciences, and advanced project management application
- Flexible course schedules designed for working professionals
- State-of-the-art distance courses that provide a classroom-like experience
- A talented executive-level student body and very successful graduates
- Access to all of the resources of the GW School of Business, including its strong reputation in government and industry, large alumni network, and active career center
- Close ties to government and industry institutions like the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, U.S. State Department, and many other influential organizations
Flexibility That Works
The OMSPM Program is designed to meet the needs of working professionals who want to enhance their ability to integrate complex projects, motivate people, and achieve cost-effective results. The program’s distance-learning courses are essentially identical to those on campus, giving students the flexibility to complete the degree from virtually anywhere.
Proven Distance Learning
Since 1998, all students have the option of taking virtual courses through our innovative distance-learning mode. The distance mode for OMSPM includes:
- Course Capture: Campus lectures are recorded through advanced course capture technology and made available within three hours to all students via Blackboard. Students can conveniently watch course lectures on their own time. Recorded lectures may also be downloaded to a variety of devices to watch or listen to on the go.
- Virtual Classrooms: Professors hold an optional but highly recommended live virtual class session each week, where students have the opportunity to interact with peers and professors.
- BlackBoard: Tests, assignments, and communications are managed virtually through BlackBoard for campus and distance courses.
- Campus Visits: All students attend a mandatory orientation on campus at the beginning of the program, where they have a chance to meet their new peers. Students who complete the Capstone course in the distance mode return to campus for a week-long residency at the end of the program.
Mission and Learning Goals
The mission of the OMSPM program is to provide a superior, state-of-the-art graduate educational experience that elevates students’ knowledge and expertise, enabling them to serve as leaders, educators, and practitioners in the Project Management field.
Comprehensive Knowledge of Project Management Core Principles:
Provide students with a comprehensive foundation in the principles of Project Management that influence performance at all levels of an organization.
Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking:
Provide students with transferable skills that incorporate a mixture of core concepts with knowledge and understanding in problem-solving, critical and system thinking, communication, and team building.
Team Management and Effectiveness:
Provide students with a solid theoretical understanding and the ability to apply relevant methods for making complex decisions in business and project management by identifying objectives and alternatives, setting priorities, allocating resources, planning, scheduling, estimating, ensuring quality, managing risk, resolving conflict, and making effective group decisions.
Practical Application to Any Management Situation:
Provide students with the ability to synthesize Project Management theory and methods to apply them to any domain.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052