Promoting the Understanding of Institutions, Policies, and Development in International Business.
The George Washington University CIBER promotes the nation’s capacity for international understanding and economic enterprise related to the theme of Institutions, Policies, and Development in International Business (IB). This theme draws on strong faculty capabilities across a range of disciplines, as well as university-wide interests in promoting economic development through scholarship, education, and outreach to the business, academic, and policy communities. GW-CIBER also serves as a national and regional resource supporting business language instruction, with a focus on less-commonly taught languages, in order to increase future professionals’ abilities to communicate in the language of commerce.
Areas of Focus
The GW-CIBER theme is addressed through five overlapping areas of focus that feature specific faculty expertise. Each one of these areas is important for international business and has critical implications for U.S. competitiveness. Select faculty members from various departments across GW champion these areas by building them out through collaboration with numerous other faculty members with significant expertise.
Leveraging GW’s Unique Strengths
GW-CIBER leverages its strategic location in Washington, D.C., as well as its university-wide strengths in business, international studies, and languages. These strengths are reflected in:
A top-5 ranking in International Business by the Financial Times (2010).
One of the largest freestanding International Business departments in the United States.
Top-tier programs in International Affairs, Law, Education and Human Development, and other related disciplines.
Title VI Federal Resource Centers in Language and Area Studies.
Partnership with key agencies of the federal government, foreign embassies, multilaterals, and other leading global organizations concerned with development.
Support the Center for International Business Education and Research
Your donation goes directly to the Center for International Business Education and Research to help support our mission. Thank you!
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- Senior Research Scholars & Fellows
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- Professional Services
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Growth Dialogue
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)