FDFCC General Recruiting Policies
Job offers for both full-time and internship opportunities should be made through an offer letter sent directly to the student. The F. David Fowler Career Center asks to be notified of offers to ensure staff can work with students on adhering to student policies regarding offers and hires.
To ensure students have the opportunity to make well-informed, thoughtful decisions regarding job opportunities, the F. David Fowler Career Center asks that employers give students ample time to consider all offers. We encourage employers to follow NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) guidelines and the following timelines for GW:
Candidates who receive full-time offers of employment from summer internships should be given until October 30 to accept/decline offers.
- Students who receive full-time offers of employment from fall recruiting should be given until November 15 to accept/decline offers.
- Students who have interviews after November 15 should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline.
- Students who receive internship offers from fall recruiting should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline offer.
- Students who receive full-time offers of employment from winter/spring recruiting should be given until March15 to accept/decline offers.
- Students who have interviews after March 15 should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline.
- Students who receive internship offers from winter and spring recruiting should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline offer.
The George Washington University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities. Accordingly, the school makes its facilities available to recruiting organizations whose practices are consistent with this policy.
We will work with you to help identify a pool of candidates that most closely matches your job criteria. However, employment law and our strong sense of ethics preclude any arbitrary recommendation of one student over another.
Changes to Offer
The George Washington School of Business expects all employers to honor their job offers. In the event that an offer must be withdrawn or changed, the Executive Director of the F. David Fowler Career Center must be contacted immediately. Students are also responsible for honoring the commitments they have made, whether verbally or in writing. If we learn they have not, their access to the Career Center resources and opportunities will be affected.
Employers have better recruiting success if compensation for positions is comparable to historical salaries of the targeted student segment (adjusted by prevailing economic trends). Please be aware that salaries vary by major and program level. For reference, view employment statistics on our website.
The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009. The federal minimum wage provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Many states also have minimum wage laws. In cases where an employee is subject to both the state and federal minimum wage laws, the employee is entitled to the higher of the two minimum wages.
Students are expected to:
- Pursue only positions in which they have a genuine interest
- Respond to all invitations from companies offering them an interview
- Participate in all interviews they accept
- Be prompt and well prepared for all interviews
- Present an accurate account of work experience and education on their resume
- Answer all questions from the interviews truthfully
- Discontinue the job search immediately after accepting a job offer and notify all other potential employers of their decision
- Graduate Career Management
- GWSB Employment Statistics
- Undergraduate Students
- Alumni Career Resources
- Recruit at GWSB
- Mentoring Programs
- Corporate Collaborative Council
- Fowler Center Staff
- GWSBFowler on Social Media
- Contact the Fowler Center
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052