Current Graduate Degree Students
All students enrolled in a graduate degree program within the School of Business, and in good academic standing, are eligible to be admitted to the graduate certificate. These students will be required to apply but will not be required to submit supporting credentials such as transcripts, test scores, or recommendations.
Certificate Application Guide
It is strongly recommended that all students applying to a certificate program read the Current Student Certificate Application Guide. This guide is designed to help you proceed through the application process quickly.
Non-School of Business Students
To be considered for admission, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Previous academic history, letters of recommendation, demonstrated motivation and aptitude to undertake graduate-level work, and professional experience are all taken into consideration.
*Graduate certificate registration does not qualify for federal financial aid, but students may seek private loans to fund their study.
Prior Academic Records
Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission. International applicants should upload the English-language version of their transcripts or a copy of a credentials evaluation.
English Language Requirements for International Applicants
Applicants who are not citizens of countries where English is the official language or who do not hold a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of English–Academic (PTE).
Applicants are required to submit a minimum TOEFL score of 600 paper-based or 100 Internet-based, or an overall band score of 7.0 on the IELTS with no individual band score below 6.0, or a score of 68 on the PTE. In some instances, an interview will be required of applicants.
July 31 For Fall 2018 admission to a GWSB Graduate Certificate program.
December 15 For Spring 2019 admission to a GWSB Graduate Certificate program.
Or Choose a Graduate Certificate Program for More Information:
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations
- Graduate Certificate in Business Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Communications
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Management
- Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Capital
- Graduate Certificate in Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in International Business
- Graduate Certificate in Investments & Portfolio Management
- Graduate Certificate in Management Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Management of Technology & Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing & Brand Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Responsible Management
- Graduate Certificate in Sport Management
- Graduate Certificate in Walkable Urban Real Estate Development
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052