How To Post A Job
The F. David Fowler Career Center uses an online recruitment system called Handshake to give you access to students and alumni. Over 10,000 undergrads, grads and, alumni use Handshake to search for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities.
Logging in to your account: joinhandshake.com
If you are a new employer, click on the “Register” tab to create a new registration. Your Username is your email address. You will receive an email containing your Password for future logins.
If you are a returning employer, enter your email address as your Username. If you have forgotten your password, please select the “Forgot my Password” tab at the top. Within a few minutes, you will be sent an email with your new password. Once you login, you will be directed to the employer “home” page.
Post your job on Handshake (free).
From “home”, click on “Create a Non-OCR Job Posting” quicklink – you will be directed to the job postings page.
Who to contact
Thank you for your interest in George Washington University students and alumni. We are pleased to assist you in meeting your recruiting needs and look forward to working with you. Please contact our Employer Relations Team, between the hours of 9am-5:30pm, at 202-994-6704.
Best Practices for Posting At GW
To ensure students have the opportunity to make well‐informed, thoughtful decisions regarding job opportunities, the F. David Fowler Career Center asks that employers give students ample time to consider all offers. We encourage employers to follow NACE Guidelines and the following timelines for GW:
- Candidates who receive full‐time offers of employment from summer internships should be given until October 30th to accept/decline offers.
- Students who receive full-time offers of employment from fall recruiting should be given until November 15th to accept/decline offers.
- Students who have interviews after November 15th should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline.
- Students who receive internship offers from fall recruiting should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline offer.
- Students who receive full-time offers of employment from winter/spring recruiting should be given until March 15th to accept/decline.
- Students who have interviews after March 15th should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline.
- Students who receive internship offers from winter/spring recruiting should be given a minimum of four weeks from the date of the offer to accept/decline.
Job offers for both full-time and internship opportunities should be made through an offer letter sent directly to the student. The F. David Fowler Career Center asks to be notified of offers as well, to ensure staff can work with students to ensure they adhere to student policies regarding offers and hires. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact our Employer Relations team at [email protected].
We will work with you to help identify a pool of candidates who closely match your job criteria, however, employment law and our strong sense of ethics preclude any arbitrary recommendation of one student over another.
Changes to Offer
The George Washington University School of Business expects all employers to honor their job offers. In the event that an offer must be withdrawn or changed, the Executive Director of the F. David Fowler Career Center must be contacted immediately. Students are also responsible for honoring the commitments they have made, whether verbally or in writing. If we learn they have failed to honor their commitments, their access to the Career Center’s resources and opportunities will be affected.
The George Washington University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities. Accordingly, the school makes its facilities available to recruiting organizations whose practices are consistent with this policy.
- Pursue only positions in which they have a genuine interest.
- Respond to all invitations from companies offering them an interview.
- Participate in all interviews they accept.
- Be prompt and well prepared for all interviews.
- Present an accurate account of work experience and education on their resume.
- Answer all questions from the interviews truthfully.
- Discontinue the job search immediately after accepting a job offer and notify all other potential employers of their decision.
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052