Short-Term Study Away Programs (STAPs) are the best way for students to exercise international mobility while at the GW School of Business (GWSB).
STAPs are taught by faculty from GW or one of GWSB’s international partner universities and are open to graduate students enrolled at GW as well as GW students in non-degree status (i.e., not currently pursuing a degree or certificate). Select undergraduates may participate in faculty-led programs if they meet admission standards set by STAP faculty. Offerings are designed to expose graduate students to diverse opportunities for global learning while at GWSB.
Available Short-Term Study Away Programs are listed below.
Summer Break | 2019
Applications opening soon! Application deadline: Friday, February 1, 2019
- Italy | Global Business Project: Celebrating Natural Heritage and Promoting Ecotourism | 3-6 Credits
Faculty: Seleni Matus
- Sweden | Global Business Project: The Innovation Ecosystem and the Internationalization of High-Tech Firms | 3 Credits
Faculty: Anna Helm
- Washington, D.C. | Business & Society: Privatization, Nationalization, & Public-Private Partnerships | 3 Credits**
Faculty: Dr. Robert Weiner
Short-term Exchange Programs*
- China | Beyond Summer School | Short-term Exchange with Fudan University School of Management | 3 Credits
- Denmark | International Summer University Program | Short-term Exchange with Copenhagen Business School | 6 Credits
- France | Globalizing Europe or Leisure and Lifestyle | Short-term Exchange with EDHEC Business School | 3 Credits
- France | The Global Manager in Europe | Short-term Exchange with ESSEC Business School | 3 Credits
- Germany | Successful Leadership in Europe | Short-term Exchange with European Business School | 3-5 Credits
- Singapore | The Global Manager in Asia or Corporate Finance | Short-term Exchange with ESSEC Business School Asia-Pacific Campus | 6 Credits
Winter Break | 2019
Chile | Global Business Project: Environmental, Social and Economic Impacts of Chilean SMEs | 3 Credits
Faculty: Dr. Nam Pham
Thailand | Global Business Project: Developing Personas and Consumer Journeys | 3 Credits
Faculty: Dr. Lynda Maddox
Washington, D.C. | Business & Society: Corporate Fraud and Corruption | 3 Credits
Faculty: Dr. Kirsten E. Martin
Short-term Exchange Programs
Australia | Brand Management & Doing Business in Australia | Short-term Exchange with Melbourne Business School | 1.5-4.5 Credits
France | Technology Management in a European Business Environment | Short-term Exchange with Grenoble Ecole de Management | 3 Credits
Spring Break | 2019
Rwanda | Global Business Project: Impact Investments in SMEs | 3 Credits
Faculty: Dr. Reid Click
Short-term Exchange Programs
Denmark | Sustainability in Scandinavia | Short-term Exchange with Copenhagen Business School | 1.5 Credits
France | Global Responsibility in the European Context | Short-term Exchange with Audencia Business School | 3 credits
Mexico | Mexico as an Emerging Market | Short-term Exchange with IPADE Business School | 1.5 Credits
*The “short-term exchange” program designation identifies programs run by a GWSB partner institution. These programs are only open to graduate students in the GW School of Business, and are a unique opportunity to enroll directly in a course at one of our partner universities and take classes with a diverse array of students from our partner institutions across the globe.
**Open enrollment course; application deadline does not apply.
- Academic Life
- Academic Calendar
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052