The Global MBA program includes a renowned action-learning program, the Consulting Abroad Program (CAP), designed as a real-world consulting experience in international markets. This intensive program requires teams of 4-6 MBA to find workable solutions to problems faced by clients abroad under the mentorship of faculty and practitioners.
Mentored consulting teams bring the foundations of a top-ranked MBA program including core competency in strategy, finance, operations, marketing, and data analysis as well as an average of 4 years of pre-MBA professional experience.
Process and Timeline
Fundamental tools that boost productivity and concepts for conducting business across national borders and within different cultural contexts are provided in tandem with the consulting program. In real time consulting teams apply these skills from January to May in coordination with client partners and spend two weeks in country where consulting teams continue to gather primary and secondary data to better understand the issue at hand. The project concludes with the final presentation of deliverables and their associated recommendations to clients.
- Client Call for Engagement (June –August)
- Project Scope Defined (August)
- Client Selection Announced (September)
- Client Match with Faculty Lead (September)
- G&EE Alignment and Expectations Meeting (October)
- Consulting teams are assigned to clients (December – January)
- Consulting teams work with clients via distance (January – May)
- Consulting teams work onsite (May)
Successful Projects and Clients
Successful client partnerships include the following key components:
- Real-time challenge
- An English-fluent project liaison to partner with consulting teams
- Relevant company support to collaborate with GW consulting teams
- Access to information and resources required to understand the challenge
Submit Project Ideas
Interested in partnering with GW on a consulting project? Submit an engagement proposal here. The Global and Experiential Education team will work with you to understand your business challenge and develop a project proposal.
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052