GW School of Business (GWSB) offers courses that span the entire semester (14 weeks) and module courses (7 weeks) that take place in the first or second half of the semester during the normal academic year. In addition,GWSB offers courses during the summer session that vary in length.
Students must be registered no later than the last day of the add/drop period for each module and/or semester. Students who would like to drop or withdraw from a course should refer to the Dropping Courses page.
Schedule of Classes
To view the available list of classes:
- Go to Schedule of Classes
- Under the selected semester, click on one of the following locations: main campus (classes that take place in Foggy Bottom), off-campus (classes that take place outside of Foggy Bottom), or online
- Select the appropriate department
- Scroll to 6000+ level courses to find graduate level elective offerings
- Note the Course Reference Number (CRN) for each class that you are interested in taking, which you will use to actually register for the course.
Registering for Classes
- Log into GWeb
- Select “Student Records & Registration”
- Select “Registration Menu”
- Select “Register Drop and/or Add Class”
- Select the appropriate semester
- Enter your desired CRNs into the boxes and click on ‘Submit Changes.” You will immediately see if you have been successful or if there were any errors with your request
- To review your schedule, go to “Student Records & Registration”
- Select “Registration Menu”
- Select “Student Schedule by Day and Time”
Registering for Classes in Module 2 or 4
Students should make every effort to finalize their schedule by the registration deadline for both modules in any given semester. However, students who need to make changes to Modules 2 or 4 after the registration deadline must submit a Registration Transaction Form to their academic advisor no later than 10:00 pm the Sunday before the course begins.
Two weeks after early registration begins, students will have the option to add themselves to an online wait list for courses that are full.
To add yourself to the waiting list:
- Enter the CRN on the GWeb registration form as if you are registering for the class (note, using the class search option will not present the wait list function)
- GWeb will indicate that there is a wait list for that particular course and ask if you would like to be added – request to be added
To claim an awarded seat:
- Receive an e-mail notification to the preferred email account on file with the University
- Follow the instructions in the email
- You are permitted to put yourself on the wait list for a course that conflicts with one of your enrolled courses or for multiple sections of the same course. However, you will need to drop the conflicting course before you can add the wait list course to your schedule.
- Students have 24 hours in which to claim the seat awarded. If a seat goes unclaimed, the seat will be offered to the next student on the wait list.
Registration Error Messages
You may encounter error messages when attempting to register for a course. Common messages are:
- Course Closed – The course has reached its capacity. Students can see how many seats are available in the class on GWeb. Students may add themselves to the wait list if a course is closed.
- Course Restricted to Students Pursuing Specific Degrees – The course is restricted to certain degrees or programs. Students can see restrictions in the Schedule of Classes and should check with their academic advisor. Registration may be available with permission.
- Level Not Appropriate – The course is an undergraduate course and will not count toward your degree.
- Needs Departmental or Instructor Approval – This course requires the approval of the instructor or department to register. Complete a Registration Transaction Form, obtain the department or instructor signature, and return it to your academic advisor for review.
A registration hold may be placed on a student’s record for a variety of reasons. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all holds are lifted prior to the beginning of registration. Common causes include:
- Academic standing
- Failure to supply documentation of immunization
- Incomplete forms
- Outstanding balance
- Incomplete academic records
If a registration hold has been placed on a student’s record, the student must contact the appropriate office to clear the hold before he or she will be permitted to register. Students must be registered for courses or on an approved leave of absence no later than the last day of the add/drop period. Students who are not registered by this date may be required to request reinstatement.
Initial registration during the first week of classes will incur an $80 late registration fee.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052