The Quinn Fellows Fund* provides financial support for graduate and undergraduate students pursuing international business internships – overseas or within the U.S., in the public or private sector, and in any type of organization. Each individual award will be up to $5,000.
The funding can be used to supplement an unpaid and/or under-funded internship, and also travel and living costs associated with overseas internships.
Eligibility & Requirements
- The applicants must be currently enrolled in any degree program within the GW School of Business or the Elliott School of International Affairs.
- The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Each student recipient of the Quinn Fellows funding will be required to write a reflection piece about their internship experience and its impact on their career goals.
- Each student recipient may be subject to tax withholding.
- The completed Application (PDF format)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member, previous employer, or someone who knows the applicant in a supervisory capacity.
- Letter from applicant’s internship supervisor verifying the applicant’s position, internship start and end dates, total hours, and if the internship is paid or unpaid.
- Resume (PDF format).
- Unofficial GW transcript (PDF format).
Application documents should be submitted via email with subject line “Quinn Fellows Application – Last Name” to [email protected] by April 22, 2018.
The Quinn Fellows program is funded by a generous donation from Mr. Michael Quinn, and administered by GW-CIBER.
Michael S. Quinn, BA 1984, is Partner at Q Advisors LLC, Denver, CO.
He is an alumnus of the Elliott School of International Affairs and a member of the Boards of Advisors of both the Elliott School and the GW School of Business.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- Senior Research Scholars & Fellows
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- Professional Services
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Growth Dialogue
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)