Accounting Career Opportunities
Employers Hiring GWSB Accountancy Students
Employment with the Department
The Department of Accountancy has part-time positions available each semester. Students in accounting or a related major may apply for these positions. For details, please email us.
On-Campus Employment Information
There are many on-campus positions available year-round. For information, please check the GW Career Center and F. David Fowler Career Center at the School of Business. Another important source is Monstertrak. For international students on F-1 status, we suggest that they keep an eye on the University Co-op Program.
Off-Campus Employment Information
Some employers contact the Department directly to recruit students. Those positions will be posted on the Department's bulletin board on the 6th floor of Funger Hall.
The Graduate Career Center at the School of Business offers workshops where you can receive expert advice on how to create effective resumes, prepare for an interview, write a good cover letter, and negotiate salary.
Some Useful Job Sites:
Please note: The GW School of Business does not endorse any third-party employment resource; this list is simply meant to serve as a list of potential resources for student job seekers.
- Business Career Self-Assessment (careerleader.com)
- Test Your Personality (keirsey.com)
- What Can You Do With an MBA? (thoughtco.com)
- Resume Builder (myperfectresume.com)
- Opportunities in Accounting (ziprecruiter.com)
- Opportunities in Finance (ziprecruiter.com)
- Monstertrak (monster.com)
- Accounting (accounting.com)
- Wikijob Accounting Job Information (wikijob.co.uk)
- Finance, Banking and Accounting Jobs (careerbank.com)
- Financial & Accounting jobs (nationjob.com)
- Washington Post Job Search (washingtonpost.com)
- Yahoo Careers (careers.yahoo.com)
- Wall Street Journal - Career Journal (careerjournal.com)
- The Vault - Career Intelligence (vault.com)
- Top Careers Forum for MBA Degrees (topmba.com)
- National Black MBA Association (nbmbaa.org)