The Mentor Program for the Business Leader Development (BLD) Program is an opportunity for upperclass students to work closely with an instructor and gain experience as facilitators in a classroom setting. BLD Program Mentors support the planning and execution of the following BLD Program courses: BADM 1001 & 1002 (Business Leader Foundations I & II), BADM 1003 (Business Leader Foundations for Transfer Students), and BADM 3001 (Business Leader Career Strategy).
In addition to supporting GWSB’s educational mission, BLD Program Mentors develop their own competencies in the following areas:
- Developing strong facilitation and presentation skills in a classroom environment
- Fostering a welcoming and supportive community for first-year and transfer students
- Supporting student career development through experiential learning activities, industry-related workshops, and direct collaboration with F. David Fowler Career Center staff
- Creating effective lesson plans with GWSB Office of Undergraduate Programs staff during weekly meetings
BLD Program Mentors enrolled in the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree may also be eligible to enroll in an accompanying section of BADM 4001: Business Leader Launch, for 1 academic credit and further supporting their development as leaders and professionals. Successful applicants will receive further information on this course option once they have moved through the selection process. Eligibility requirements for BADM 4001: Business Leader Launch are outlined on the BLD Program website.
Become a BLD Program Mentor!
BLD Program Mentors are selected each year during the spring semester through a selective application and interview process. If you are interested in applying, you are strongly encouraged to attend an information session. These sessions are led by current BLD Program Mentors and provide an opportunity to connect and ask any questions you may have about the position and the Mentor experience.
The selection process for Academic Year 2022-2023 has concluded. More information regarding the selection timeline, information session, and application details for Academic Year 2023-2024 will be released in Spring 2023.
A full position description for the BLD Program Mentor role can be accessed via the button below. Please be sure to review the position description in its entirety prior to starting your application.
- Please list your top five strengths as indicated by the Gallup Organization's CliftonStrengths for Students Assessment.
- How will you apply the strengths listed above to this leadership role?
- What other unique talents or experiences would you bring to the BLD Program Mentor role?
- Outline your anticipated co-curricular involvement for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please include if you are planning to have a job or internship. How will you actively balance your time commitments to be successful as a Mentor?
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
GW SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052