GW participates in the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area which provides students the opportunity to take courses not offered at GW. The George Washington University offers its students the opportunity to enroll in courses at:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Corcoran College of Art & Design
- Gallaudet University
- George Mason University
- Georgetown University
- Howard University
- Marymount University
- Trinity University
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland-College Park
Please note the following:
- Students may complete a maximum of 6 credits outside of the School of Business to be used towards their elective requirements. This maximum includes approved transfer credit, Consortium coursework, and graduate level courses completed at GW outside of the GWSB.
- Students must obtain permission to register for Consortium courses from their academic advisor.
- Courses must be graduate-level, credit-bearing, and letter graded.
- Students may not enroll through the Consortium for courses that are available at GW.
- Students participating in Consortium must be in good academic standing.
- Students may not audit Consortium courses.
- Tuition for courses registered through the Consortium will be billed at GWSB tuition rates and paid to GW.
- Course records and grades for Consortium registrations will appear on the GW transcript.
- Students are subject to the withdrawal fees set by the GW Office of the Registrar.
- Students admitted to online programs are not eligible to participate in the Consortium program.
For more information on Consortium registration, visit the Office of the Registrar.
Consortium Course Registration
To Register for a Consortium Course:
- Identify the course that you are interested in taking and submit the following to your academic advisor:
- Consortium Request Form
- Petition for Elective Credit Form (only applicable if you are requesting course as part of a concentration)
- Academic advisor will notify you if the course has been approved to apply towards your elective requirements
- Academic advisor will submit the Consortium Request Form to the GW Consortium Coordinator who will work with the partner institution to see if you are able to take the class. Schools protect their classes for their own students availability is generally not known until the week before classes start. Students should plan their schedule as if they will not be given a seat in the partner institution course.
- If granted a seat, you will be notified via email and automatically registered by the GW Consortium Coordinator
Dropping a Consortium Course
To Drop a Consortium Course:
- Submit the Consortium Drop Form to your academic advisor
- Academic advisor will review the request and submit for processing
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052