Graduate Certificate in Crisis Management
The Graduate Certificate in Crisis Management provides the skills needed to define emergencies and disasters as well as develop incident management plans for responding to and managing environmental and public health emergencies.
The following requirements must be fulfilled: 12 credits, including nine credits in required courses and three credits in elective courses.
- EMSE 6305 Crisis and Emergency Management
- EMSE 6315 Management of Risk and Vulnerability for Hazards and Terrorism (which is being re-titled “Risk Management, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Decision-making”)
- EMSE 6345 Disaster Recovery and Organizational Continuity (which is being re-titled “Building the Resilient Organization: Continuity, Crisis and Disaster Recovery Management”)
Electives (choose one)
- EMSE 6310 Information Technology in Emergency Management
- EMSE 6350 Hazard Mitigation in Emergency Management (which is being re-titled “Managing Disaster Resilience through Hazard and Threat Mitigation”)
- EMSE 6325 Medical and Public Health Emergency Management