Big business starting small
Venture-catalyst Springboard Enterprises is the premier platform where influencers, investors and innovators meet to help women build “big businesses starting small.” Springboard sources, coaches, showcases, and supports women-led growth companies seeking equity capital for product development and expansion.
Over 500 women-led companies have gone through Springboard’s accelerator programs; they have raised more than $5.6 billion and more than 80% of Springboard companies are still in business.
CFEE hosts and co-sponsors Springboard programs and events throughout the academic year. Founded by GW alumna and CFEE-guest lecturer Amy Millman, Springboard is located on GW’s Mount Vernon campus.
The Springboard Enterprises’ Dolphin Tank program is an interactive fast-pitch session for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs to pitch their business opportunities and receive feedback. Unlike ABC’s Shark Tank or the British Dragon’s Den, the Dolphin Tank allows participants to share ideas without fear that the audience will tear them to shreds. This isn’t a competition for the best idea of the moment; it is about actionable insights from knowledgeable people.
This pitch-practice event allows students and entrepreneurs to deliver a two-minute elevator pitch about their idea, product, challenge, or business. An interactive expert panel provides constructive and encouraging input. With participation from the audience, the experts lead a discussion about what worked and what didn’t, while giving tangible, actionable feedback on how to improve the pitch in order to attract the right investor, partner, colleague, or customer interest.
Springboard Enterprises’ Dolphin Tank sessions are held at GW multiple times each semester in partnership with CFEE and the GW Office of Entrepreneurship.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (GW-CIBER)
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Global Scope Lab
- The Growth Dialogue
- GW Investment Institute
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052