GW-CIBER’s virtual Summer 2020 International Business Bootcamp (June 15 – August 15, 2020) is a program designed for select GW students who are interested in expanding their knowledge of and practical skills in global business and trade. This multifaceted co-curricular program involves a nine-week deep dive into learning about the mechanics of international trade through four main domain areas - Global Business Management, Global Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Trade Finance. These domain areas are the core of the top international business professional certification, known as the Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), which is offered by NASBITE International, the leading U.S. organization supporting the training and education in the field of global business.
The Bootcamp is a complement to traditional courses in international business, international trade, international economics, and related areas, by teaching the practical aspects not widely covered in this coursework.
The main components of GW-CIBER’s International Business Bootcamp are:
- Interactive sessions with experts in different sectors within international trade.
- A live export-strategy development project with a real client company.
- Participation in NASBITE’s CGBP Student Pathway Program.
- An opportunity for students to earn NASBITE’s CGBP credential by taking the associated exam after the completion of the Bootcamp.
Benefits to Students
By participating in GW-CIBER’s International Business Bootcamp, students will be able to:
- Increase their global trade knowledge and develop practical international business skills, better preparing them for future internships and jobs.
- Enhance their virtual collaboration and presentation skills.
- Enjoy fully funded access to NASBITE’s Student Pathway Program and all the resources it offers (prep modules, practice exams, study groups).
- Become part of an elite group by taking and passing the CGBP examination. Such a credential will position the student to employers as someone proficient in global commerce and is a distinction to include on a resume.
The 2020 virtual International Business Bootcamp schedule features:
- Ninety-minute webinar sessions twice a week, led by an international trade instructor. Session topics include assessing a company’s export readiness, selecting foreign markets, foreign market-entry mode selection, export compliance, logistics and incoterms, trade finance, etc.
- Guest presentations by international trade experts working in the areas of logistics, international trade finance, government commercial relations, etc. Guest speakers this summer include professionals from TradeMoves, LLC; International Trade Administration; Export Consulting Services, LLC; EXIM Bank, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and others.
- Three engaging real-client projects provided by the American Frozen Foods Institute, the Association for Manufacturing Technology, and Elgin Industries/Elgin World Trade.
Bootcamp 2020 Cohort
Meet the students participating in the 2020 virtual edition of GW-CIBER’s International Business Bootcamp! Learn more about each student.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (GW-CIBER)
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Global Scope Lab
- The Growth Dialogue
- GW Investment Institute
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052