GW-CIBER’s 2022 International Business Bootcamp (March 25 – April 21) is a program designed for select students who are interested in expanding their knowledge of and practical skills in global business and trade. This multifaceted co-curricular program involves a deep dive into learning about the mechanics of international trade through four main domain areas - Global Business Management, Global Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Trade Finance. These domain areas are at the core of the top international business professional certification, known as the Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), which is offered by NASBITE International, the leading U.S. organization supporting the training and education in the field of global business. The Bootcamp is a complement to traditional courses in international business, international trade, international economics, and related areas, by teaching the practical aspects not widely covered in this coursework.
Benefits to Students
By participating in GW-CIBER’s International Business Bootcamp, students will be able to:
- Increase their global trade knowledge and develop practical international business skills, better preparing them for future internships and jobs.
- Enjoy fully funded access to NASBITE’s Student Pathway Program and all the resources it offers (prep modules, practice exams, study groups).
- Become part of an elite group by taking and passing the CGBP examination after the completion of the Bootcamp (not required but strongly encouraged). Such a credential will position a student to employers as someone proficient in global commerce and is a distinction to include on a resume. Students who successfully pass the CGBP exam will receive a full reimbursement of the exam fee.
The 2022 International Business Bootcamp schedule features:
- Twice weekly webinar sessions led by an international trade instructor. Session topics include assessing a company’s export readiness, selecting foreign markets, foreign market-entry mode selection, export compliance, logistics and Incoterms, trade finance, etc.
- Guest presentations by international trade experts working in the areas of logistics, international trade finance, government commercial relations, etc. Previous guest speakers have included professionals from TradeMoves, LLC; International Trade Administration; Export Consulting Services, LLC; EXIM Bank, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and others.
Eligibility & Application Requirements
- Applicants must be rising juniors, seniors, graduate students, or recent graduates.
- GW applicants must have taken the courses 'Introduction to International Business' and 'Global Financial Environment', or 'Global Perspectives' or 'Competition in the Global Economy', or close equivalents.
- Non-GW applicants must have taken at least two international business courses or close equivalents at undergraduate level OR one such course at graduate level.
- All applicants should include a resume and UNOFFICIAL transcript with the application form.
- Application deadline: March 16, 2022
View the schedules for previous bootcamps and learn about each year's participants. Several bootcamp participants have already attained the CGBP certification!
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (GW-CIBER)
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Global Scope Lab
- The Growth Dialogue
- GW Investment Institute
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
GW SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052