The George Washington University’s International Institute of Tourism Studies helps to solve critical industry challenges by providing guidance and support to community development and governance projects. In recognition of our outstanding research, we have been formally recognized by the United Nations World Tourism Organization for our achievements in this area.
For tourism professionals, the International Institute of Tourism Studies offers more than 40 development courses that are flexible enough to be adapted by local institutions and meet regional and local conditions. Government agencies, associations, not-for-profit organizations and corporations have tailored our courses to meet the needs of their constituents. Programs can be delivered through in-person workshops or online. All courses are taught by leading professionals and translated into local languages.
Over the course of 25 years, we have conducted research and produced customized training programs in countries throughout the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean for organizations including the World Bank, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Green Globe Alliance, Pan American Federation of Hotels and Tourism Schools, U.S. Agency for International Development, Inter-American Development Bank, National Park Service, American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association, and Destination Marketing Association International.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (GW-CIBER)
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Global Scope Lab
- The Growth Dialogue
- GW Investment Institute
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
GW SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052