Summer English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
The summer English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program is a language course designed for international students who wish to improve their English skills before the start of their academic program.
The summer semester is also an excellent opportunity for international students to become familiar with the GW campus, local resources and the D.C. community before the start of their program.
Resources available to Summer EAP students include:
- On-campus housing for all summer EAP students
- Specialized programming and excursions
- Advanced English classes designed to prepare you for your program at the GW School of Business (GWSB)
- Networking with other new and continuing students
- Opportunity to become comfortable with GW campus and the D.C. metro area
- Additional time to find housing and roommates
Summer EAP Deadlines
The Summer EAP program starts on July 1, 2019 and ends on August 10, 2019. Please have all documents submitted by April 29, 2019. This includes all documents required for admission to your program as well as all documents required to receive your I-20. For information on how to submit documents for your I-20, please watch our international student support videos.