Summer Doctoral Institute for Research and Study on Institutions, Policies, and Development in International Business
The Summer Doctoral Institute (SDI) provides leading doctoral students from across the U.S. an opportunity to conduct research on our Center’s theme of Institutions, Policies, and Development in International Business, in collaboration with aligned GW faculty experts. Both doctoral and faculty participants are recruited from a wide range of fields, such as business, economics, political science, public administration, international relations, and sociology. The students live together for two months in GW housing on our downtown Washington, D.C. campus to promote interaction and the development of a scholarly community.
Global Business Consulting (GBC)
The Global Business Consulting (GBC) program is sponsored by a consortium of several CIBERs at leading business schools, which are all joined by the objectives of promoting cross-cultural business competence and bolstering international business in markets critical to U.S. competitiveness. GBC puts multi-university teams of graduate (MBA, MA, MS) students to work solving real problems faced by corporations and non-profit organizations.
Global MBA Consulting Abroad Program (CAP)
As part of the Global MBA curriculum, all first-year students participate in one of several Consulting Abroad Projects (CAP). A three-course sequence, taken during the spring semester, is designed to equip students with frameworks and skills to be implemented when leading their consulting projects. By the end of their first year of study all Global MBA students gain experience working on a faculty-mentored, team-based consultancy abroad.
GW-Ciber Online Resources for Students
Useful links to GW organizations with international focus, websites devoted to careers in international business, international development, and international affairs, study abroad information, websites of periodical, and other international resources.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- About GW-CIBER
- GW-CIBER Research Resources
- GW-CIBER Teaching Resources in IB
- GW-CIBER Business Languages Program
- GW-CIBER Faculty Development in IB
- GW-CIBER Student Activities
- GW-CIBER Internal Funding Opportunities
- GW-CIBER Video Library
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Growth Dialogue
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies (IITS)
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052