The George Washington University SHRM Student Chapter
The George Washington University Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Student Chapter holds regularly scheduled meetings to help members learn more about business and the human resource management field. It is run by elected student officers with the assistance of a chapter advisor and SHRM professional members. Beyond regular meetings, we organize a variety of activities such as:
- Company tours
- Student conferences
- Resume writing workshops
- Interviewing workshops
- Internship programs
- Social events
- Networking with SHRM professional chapter members
Each of these activities help students build relationships with other local professionals and students, while learning about human resource management and positioning themselves for success upon graduation.
- Latest News & Announcements
Fellow Colonials, would you like to jumpstart your semester with volunteer service, student discounts, and access to some of the best resources in the HR world? Join the HR Virginia State Council’s Annual Conference!
GW SHRM Student Chapter members can be a part of this wonderful event for only two hours of volunteer service during the conference and a $25 student fee.
How to Join
- Expand your HR knowledge! Become well-versed in HR and impress potential employers.
- Get involved and make connections! Create connections and join discussions both online and in person.
- Transition from classroom to workplace! Land your first big-time job using the many resources SHRM offers.
*Please note: When joining the chapter using the link above, please select “GW SHRM Student Chapter (#5073).”
Secretary/Social Media Support
Director, Social Media Content and Events
For more information about the George Washington University SHRM Student Chapter, please email us at [email protected].