For Students Enrolled in the School of Business
GWSB Offers Three Undergraduate Degrees
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration – with concentration options in these areas:
- Accountancy Concentration
- Business Analytics Concentration
- Business Economics and Public Policy Concentration
- Finance Concentration
- Information Systems and Technology Management Concentration
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Concentration
- International Business Concentration
- Marketing Concentration
- Real Estate Concentration
- Sport, Event, Hospitality Management Concentration
- Individualized Field of Study (by application only)
- Bachelor of Science in Finance (by application only)
During the first year, all GWSB students are encouraged to complete the same set of requirements, regardless of the degree they choose to pursue. This gives our students an opportunity to explore and research their degree options.
School of Business General Education Requirements (Required for all three degree options):
- Critical Analysis Course in the Humanities Requirement
- Science and Math Requirements
- Students that are interested in the Bachelor of Science in Finance must take MATH 1231 and MATH 1232 during their first year.
Minors & 2nd Majors: Options for GWSB Students
All GWSB degrees allow students to choose a minor or second major outside of the School of Business. BBA students entering Fall 2014 or later are required to complete a minor outside of the School of Business; all BS students are required to complete a second major outside the School of Business; BAccy students are not required to do either, but are able to. Students should consult with the department in which their study of interest is housed to learn more about minor/major course requirements. They should also consult with a GWSB advisor to ensure they will be able to pursue a minor/major and stay on track towards graduation. Declaration Forms can be found on the Advising Center’s Forms page.
- Minor options available outside of the School of Business
- Major options available outside the School of Business
Review GW’s Center for Career Services’ Career Option Sheets to become familiar with how your minor or second major option relates to sample occupations, potential topics, work settings, student organizations, professional associations, online resources and key skills needed in specific industries.
For Students Enrolled in Other Schools at GW
Non-GWSB students have two methods of study at the School of Business:
- The School of Business offers two minor options for non-GWSB students:
- Minor in Business Administration (no application, simply turn in the form to your home school advisor)
- Minor in Business Analytics (Launching Fall 2019!)
- Please complete the Business Analytics Interest Form to receive more information on this Minor option once it has been made available.
- Minor in Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- School of Business Students may pursue the Business Analytics or Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minors under the following conditions:
- BBA students must select a minor outside of the School of Business to fulfill their degree requirement; these minors may only serve as a second minor.
- BBA students concentrating in Innovation & Entrepreneurship may not complete the Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minor.
- BBA students concentrating in Business Analytics may not complete the Business Analytics minor.
- BAccy and BS students may pursue either of these minors as their degrees do not require a minor.
- The School of Business offers one major for non-GWSB students:
- Major in Finance (application required)
If you need assistance selecting your degree, major, concentration, and/or minor, please schedule an appointment with a GWSB advisor.
- Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Advising Center
- FYDP / TSDC Programs
- Internships and Independent Study
- Study Abroad
- Co-Curricular Programs
- Transfer Students
- Undergraduate Faculty Resources
- Connect with Us
- The Undergraduate Experience at GWSB
- Graduate Students
- International Students
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052