For GWSB Undergraduates
The Washington Area Consortium of Universities is a cooperative arrangement in post-secondary education that is designed to permit the sharing of academic resources by member institutions and to offer qualified students the opportunity to enroll at other institutions for courses not available on their own campus.
- Faculty Contacts in GW Academic Departments
Use for exceptions & substitutions related to concentrations & majors; Declaring your minor.
- Faculty Contacts for Transfer Credit Approval
Use for any domestic classes taken at other universities.
- BADM Course Department Contacts
Use for determining which GWSB department houses specific BADM courses
- For BBA Concentration Declaration, contact a GWSB Advisor
- Minor/Second Major Declaration Form for non-GWSB Minors/Second Majors (for GWSB students only)
- Upload Signed and Scanned Minor/Second Declaration Form Online (for GWSB students only)
- Bachelor of Science Degree/Finance As a Second Major Reply Form Available in Spring 2018
- Business Administration Minor requirements (for non-GWSB students only)
- FERPA – Third Party Release Form
Students must fill out & submit the release form before GW may discuss their academic records with a 3rd party.
CURRICULAR PRACTICAL TRAINING (CPT)
Students requesting a CPT letter from their advisor should follow the CPT guidelines outlined by the ISO and provide their advisor with: a proposal letter, a letter (on letterhead) from your employer, a zero credit internship experience packet, and an RTF.
OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING (OPT)
Students requesting an OPT letter from their advisor should follow the OPT guidelines outlined by the ISO. No additional paperwork is necessary to request the letter from your advisor.
REDUCED COURSE LOAD FORM
International Students requesting a Reduced Course Load, less than 12-Credit hours per semester, should complete the Reduced Course Load Form and submit it to the Advising Center for review.
Be sure you are using the correct form by referring to the Office of the Registrar Forms page.
- Undergraduate Transfer Credit Approval Form (this should be used when seeking approval of courses taken elsewhere during the summer or for transfer credit earned prior to being admitted to GW; completed forms should be turned in to the Advising Center. For study abroad credit, please refer to the Study Abroad section above for study abroad transfer credit information.)
Please note: To find & contact a faculty member for a review of courses, see the link below.
Students who are not planning to return to GW to continue their studies after the current semester should refer to this checklist to be sure that all GW-related business is taken care of appropriately.
Undergraduates seeking to petition to withdraw from any or all of their classes after the 10th week of the semester must review the following guidelines prior to submitting an exception request.
- Current Undergraduate Students
- The Advising Center
- First Year Development Program
- Internships and Independent Study
- Study Abroad
- Student Engagement
- Transfer Students
- Undergraduate Faculty Resources
- Connect with Us
- Current Graduate Students
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052