Music and film festivals, fundraisers, tradeshows, conferences… whether it’s a spectacular celebration or a buttoned-up business meeting, coordinating the multiple moving parts of any event requires thorough research, planning, promotion and seamless coordination.
The George Washington University Event Management Certificate Program prepares participants to design, plan and execute successful events for groups of any size. In addition to course requirements, the program prepares students by offering opportunities for on-site internships, practicums and portfolios.
The event management professional certificate program may be completed in the classroom, online or in a blended format that combines both online and in-class courses.
What Can You Expect to Gain from the Program?
- Learn best practices and latest thinking for the design, planning and execution of successful events and meetings;
- An understanding of the event and meeting industry through a study of seminars, conventions, conferences, expositions, trade shows and special events;
- How to conduct effective event and meeting management research, including needs assessments, site analyses, situation analyses and feasibility studies;
- First-hand insight into the industry via an on-site internships.
Is the Program Right for You? Event management is an ideal program if you are:
- Preparing for a new career in meetings, events, travel,
- sports management, tourism or hospitality;
- An industry professional interested in enhancing your skills and advancing your career;
- Charged with handling event and travel duties for your company or organization;
- Working in a field unrelated to events and interested in changing careers.
Not only is event management endlessly dynamic, but for the foreseeable future it’s headed on a growth trajectory. US News & World Report ranks event planners rank #21 in Best Business Jobs, and the US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the occupational outlook for event managers is expected to increase by 33 percent through 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations.
Learn more about our course offerings and registration information here.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (GW-CIBER)
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Global Scope Lab
- The Growth Dialogue
- GW Investment Institute
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Our Team
- Research & Consulting Services
- Flagship Initiatives
- Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism Destination Management
- Professional Certificate in Event Management
- Professional Certificate in Cultural Heritage Tourism
- Consulting Practicum
- Senior Research Scholars and Fellows
- Professional Services
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052