GW-CIBER’s Business Languages Program provides dynamic support to the growing community of business language instructors across the U.S. through a variety of exciting initiatives.
Business Language Faculty
Language Faculty that have been instrumental for the development of GW-CIBER’s Business Languages Program.
Business Language Curriculum Development
New course materials, sample syllabi, and more, created by GW language faculty, for teaching business languages.
Business Cases for Teaching Business Languages
Interdisciplinary input and dialogue on the value of teaching business languages through business cases, as well as concrete teaching resources for language instructors who are new to this methodology.
Study Abroad @ Home
Study Abroad @ Home program takes full advantage of the rich “local”-international resources here in Washington, DC: It matches business language students with internships at institutions from all over the world but with a base in the nation’s capital. Interns have the chance to use their language proficiency and business skills in a real-world context. The program serves well as a precursor to a longer study or work abroad stint, and for those with more limited financial means, it is seen as an affordable way to make the immersion experience possible at home.
Business Language Online Resources
Provides links to online resources related to language instruction – general and per language.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- About GW-CIBER
- GW-CIBER Research Resources
- GW-CIBER Teaching Resources in IB
- GW-CIBER Business Languages Program
- GW-CIBER Faculty Development in IB
- GW-CIBER Student Activities
- GW-CIBER Internal Funding Opportunities
- GW-CIBER Video Library
- Senior Research Scholars & Fellows
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- Professional Services
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Growth Dialogue
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052