- Associate Teaching Professor of Management
- Funger Hall
2201 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
- [email protected]
Stuart Levy, MBA, Ph.D, has nearly two decades of experience in management, teaching, consulting and research within a range of organizations — entrepreneurial and established businesses, consulting firms, government and academia. His work background includes consulting with PricewaterhouseCoopers Global Hospitality and Leisure Practice as well as management positions in tour operations and internet marketing.
He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in digital marketing, entrepreneurship, customer experience management, hospitality and event management, and tourism planning and development. He is passionate about experiential education, and serves as a faculty facilitator for GW SUMMIT Outdoor Challenge course for team-building and leadership development. He is also proud to have been nominated for the O'Hara Leadership Award for Direct and Interactive Marketing Education and as Professor the Year by GW Athletics.
Dr. Levy's record of scholarship includes 12 peer-reviewed publications in business journals including the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly and the Journal of Business Ethics. His volunteer work involves co-founding JAM (Jews and Muslims) D.C., supporting GW Alternative Spring Break and GW Adventure Bound courses as a Learning Partner, representing GW as a D.C. Public Schools Hospitality Advisory Board Member, and serving as Treasurer of the D.C.-area alumni chapter of the Cornell Hotel School.
- Experiential Learning
- Digital Marketing
- Customer Experience Management
- Event, Hospitality, and Tourism Management
- Ph.D., University of Calgary, 2005
- M.B.A., Georgetown University, 1999
- B.S., Cornell University, 1994
- Duan, Wenjing, Qing Cao, Yang Yu & Stuart E. Levy (2016), Exploring the Impact of Social Media on Hotel Service Performance: A Sentiment Analysis Approach, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 57 (3), 282-296.
- Park, Sun-Young & Stuart E. Levy (2014), “Corporate Social Responsibility: Perspectives of Hotel Frontline Employees,” International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 26 (3).
- Stienmetz, Jason, Stuart E. Levy & Soyoung Boo (2013), “Factors Influencing the Usability of Mobile Destination Management Organization Websites," Journal of Travel Research, 52 (4), 453-464
- Levy, Stuart E., Wenjing Duan & Soyoung Boo (2013), “An Analysis of One Star Reviews and Responses in the Lodging Industry,” Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 54 (1), 49-63.
- Levy, Stuart E. & Donald Getz (2012), “An Exploration of Social Stimuli Influencing the Student Sightseeing Tour Experience,” Tourism Review International, 15 (4), 297-311.
- Levy, Stuart E. & Sun-Young Park (2011), “An Analysis of CSR Activities in the Lodging Industry,” Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 18 (1), 147-154.
- Levy, Stuart E., Donald Getz & Simon Hudson (2011), “A Field Experimental Investigation of Managerially Facilitated Consumer-to-Consumer Interaction,” Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 28 (6), 656-674.
- Levy, Stuart E. & Donald E. Hawkins (2010), “Peace through Tourism: Commerce Based Principles and Practices,” Journal of Business Ethics, 89, 569-585.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2010), “The Hospitality of the Host: A Cross-Cultural Examination of Managerially Facilitated Consumer-to-Consumer Interactions,” International Journal of Hospitality Management, 29 (2), 319-327.
- Blain, Carmen, Stuart E. Levy & J.R. Brent Ritchie (2005), “Destination Branding: Insights and Practices from Destination Management Organizations,” Journal of Travel Research, 43 (4), 328-338.
- Henning, G. Keith, Stuart E. Levy & J.R. Brent Ritchie (2005), “An Inquiry into the Nature and Composition of Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Research,” Tourism, 53 (3), 187-203.
- Levy, Stuart E. & Derek N. Hassay (2005), “Visitor Communities,” Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing, 12 (4), 57-72.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2018), “Enriching Travel Experiences with Experiential Learning: Examples from Washington DC,” Student Youth Travel Association Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2018), “Imagining Customer Experience: A Multi-Method Approach,” Experiential Learning Conference, Cleveland, OH.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2018), “Place-Based Learning in Business Education: Customer Experience (CX) Evaluation During Short-Term Study Abroad,” Experiential Learning Leadership Institute, Flagstaff, AZ.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2018), “Evaluating Adventure Tourism in Nepal Utilizing Tourism Online Review Analysis (TORA),” Tourism and Sustainable Development Conference, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2018), “Leadership and Experiential Learning: Perspectives and Practices,” Association of Experiential Education Mid-Atlantic Conference, Morgantown, WV.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2018), “Enriching Travel Experiences with Experiential Learning: Examples from Washington D.C.,” Student Youth Travel Association Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2017), “Evaluating the Customer Experience: A Multi-Method Approach to Applied Learning in Business,” Association of Experiential Education Northeast Conference, Becket, MA.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2017), “Improving the User Experience in Tourism,” National Tour Association Travel Exchange, St. Louis, MO.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2015), “Defining the Future of Travel: Megatrends and Technology,” National Tour Association Travel Exchange, New Orleans, LA. Levy, Stuart E. (2015), “Improving the Guest Experience: Through Mystery Shopping and Social Listening,” National Tour Association Travel Exchange, New Orleans, LA.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2014), “Improving the Guest Experience,” National Tour Association Contact, Portland, OR.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2014), “What’s Next?” National Tour Association Travel Exchange, Los Angeles, CA.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2014), “Understanding the Visitor Experience,” UNWTO Tourism and International Cooperation for Development Course, Washington, D.C.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2014), “Marketing and Managing the Guest Experience,” Leadership Boot Camp for ICSB and the Center for Excellence in Public Leadership, Washington, D.C.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2013), “Harnessing the Power of Online Reviews,” Young and Rubicam North American Headquarters, New York, NY.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2013), “Developing and Executing Your Internet Marketing Strategy,” STAR EMBA Workshops, George Washington University School of Business, Los Angeles, CA.
- Levy, Stuart E. (2013), “Developing and Executing Your Organization’s Internet Marketing Strategy,” Atlas Corps Fellows Immersion, Washington, D.C.