Jin Hyung Kim
- Assistant Professor of International Business
- International Business
- Funger Hall
Washington, District Of Columbia 20052
- [email protected]
Jin Hyung Kim is an assistant professor of International Business. He joined the George Washington University School of Business (GWSB) in 2017.
His research interests include non-market strategy, particularly 1) corporate lobbying strategy and foreign multinational enterprises (MNEs), 2) country and societal institutions and corporate lobbying, and 3) regulatory change and business-government relations. Professor Kim explores what non-market strategies firms implement to influence the non-market environment to achieve better outcomes in a global strategy context and what types of institutions drive their nonmarket behaviors. Also, Professor Kim studies the implications of non-market environments and its interactions with firms such as regulatory change and business-government relations.
Professor Kim did his undergraduate study in management and international business at Yonsei University in Korea, and then served a company commander role as a commissioned officer in the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF). Following military service, he joined Oliver Wyman as a management consultant and was involved in multiple corporate and global strategy projects. He left Oliver Wyman to pursue a Master’s degree at the School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) at Columbia University and then earned his doctorate degree from Harvard Business School (HBS).
- Nonmarket Strategy
- Global Strategy
- Institutions and Culture
- Corporate Political Strategy
- Corporate Lobbying and Foreign MNEs
- Regulatory Change
- Business-Government Relations
- D.B.A. / Strategy / Harvard Business School / 2017
- M.I.A. / International and Public Affairs / Columbia University / 2010
- B.B.A. / Management / Yonsei University / 2002
- Winner / Academy of Management (AOM) International Management (IM) Division 2018 D'Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University Dissertation Award
- Finalist / Academy of International Business (AIB) 2018 Buckley & Casson Dissertation Award
- Finalist / Academy of Management (AOM) Strategic Management (STR) Division 2018 Wiley Blackwell Award for Outstanding Dissertation Research in Strategic Management
- Finalist / Academy of Management (AOM) International Theme Committee (ITC) 2018 Emerald Best International Dissertation Award