- Assistant Professor of Information Systems & Technology Management
- Information Systems & Technology Management
- Funger Hall
2201 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
- [email protected]
Yixin Lu is an assistant professor of Information Systems at the George Washington University School of Business. She received her Ph.D. from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University.
Yixin's research focuses on the strategic use of information and its impact on decision making. She applies interdisciplinary approaches combining econometrics, game theory, controlled lab experiment, large-scale randomized experiment, and machine learning techniques to identify and quantify the impact of technological advancement on individuals, organizations and markets. Her research has been published (or forthcoming) in top journals such as Information Systems Research, Management Science, and Management Information Systems Quarterly. Yixin is the winner of the Dean's Emerging Scholar Award. She is also the winner of the Association of Information Systems (AIS) Impact Award, which recognizes the impact of Information Systems research beyond academia.
- Auction Design
- Business Intelligence
- Digital Markets
- Healthcare Analytics
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (ISTM6214)
- Introduction to Programming (ISTM3119)
- Management Information Systems Technology (BADM2301)
- Python Program Database Applications (ISTM6200)
- Lu, Y., A. Gupta, W. Ketter, and E. van Heck. "Exploring Bidder Heterogeneity in B2B Auctions: Evidence from the Dutch Flower Auctions," MIS Quarterly, 40(3), 2016.
- Lu, Y., A. Gupta, W. Ketter, and E. van Heck. "Dynamic Decision-Making in B2B Sequential Auctions: A Structural Econometric Approach," Management Science, 65(8), 2019.
- Lu, Y., A. Gupta, W. Ketter, and E. van Heck. "Information Transparency in B2B Auction Markets: Theory and Evidence from a Field Experiment," Management Science, 65(9), 2019.
- W. Chen*, Lu, Y.*, L. Qiu, and S. Kumar. "Designing Personalized Treatment Plans for Breast Cancer," Information Systems Research, Forthcoming.
- Lu, Y., A. Gupta, W. Ketter, and E. van Heck. "Designing Hybrid Mechanisms to Overcome Congestion in Sequential Dutch Auctions," MIS Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Association of Information Systems (AIS) Impact Award 2020
- Best Associate Editor Award, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2020
- Best Paper Award (runner-up), Conference on Health IT and Analytics 2020
- Dean's Emerging Scholar Award, George Washington University School of Business 2020
- Distinguished Service Award, Workshop of Information Technology and Systems 2019
- Best Paper Award (runner-up), The Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2018
- European Research Paper of the Year Award (Finalist) 2017
- Distinguished Service Award, Workshop of Information Technology and Systems 2016
- Jo van Nunen Dissertation Award (Finalist), Netherlands 2015
- Best Dissertation Award (runner-up), ERIM, Erasmus University 2015
- Best Video Presentation (runner-up), Conference on Information Systems and Technology 2014
- Best Paper (runner-up), Conference on Information Systems and Technology 2012, 2013