Each year, an average of forty graduate and undergraduate teams compete in "Pitch George," the official elevator pitch competition of the GW School of Business. Students often use the Pitch George Competition to launch their business idea or redefine an existing business model, and teams come from various schools and colleges across GW, including the Elliot School of International Affairs, the Law School, the School of Business, and the Columbian College for Arts and Sciences. Winners are automatically selected for advance placement in GW's New Venture Creation Competition.
This all-day event is held annually on the third Saturday in November. The 2018 Pitch George Competition will take place on November 17, 2018. There will be an Information Session for all interested competitors on October 19, and the deadline for applications is November 10.
This year, teams will compete for their share of more than $12,500 in cash prizes. In addition to the Undergraduate and Graduate Sections, this year we're adding a Women's Section as well. Winners from each section will receive $2,000, $1,250 and $750 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, respectively. The 1st place winner from each section also automatically advances to the semifinals of the GW New Venture Competition, which features more than $300,000 in total prizes!
Precision Molecular Diagnostics Suite (PMDS)
Let's Empower, Advocate, and Do, Inc. (LEAD)
As always, we would like to say a special thanks to all those who volunteer their time to serve as judges for Pitch George. This competition would not be possible without your keen insights and feedback.
- Center for the Connected Consumer
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE)
- Center for International Business Education and Research (GW-CIBER)
- Center for Latin American Issues (CLAI)
- Center for Real Estate & Urban Analysis (CREUA)
- European Union Research Center (EURC)
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC)
- The Global Scope Lab
- The Growth Dialogue
- GW Investment Institute
- Institute for Brazilian Issues
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Institute for Integrating Statistics in Decision Sciences
- International Institute of Tourism Studies
- Korean Management Institute (KMI)
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052