- Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor of Management and Tourism
- Funger Hall
2201 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
- [email protected]
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- An, S., & Suh, J. (in press). Tourists’ motivation, involvement, and engagement in food tourism. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research.
- An, S., Suh, J., & Eck, T. C. (2019). Examining structural relationships among service quality, perceived value, satisfaction and revisit intention for Airbnb guests. International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 19(3), 145-165.
- Suh, J., & Kim, C. (2012). Investigating relationship between decision making of tourists and social media: A content analysis approach. Journal of Tourism Sciences, 36(10), 125-148.
- McCole, D., Suh, J, & Miller, C. “Oakland County: ORV park report.” Oakland County, MI Technical report, 2014.
- Kim, C., & Suh, J. “Development Plan for Gyeongju Convention Center (HICO).” Gyeongju City Government, Technical report, 2012.
- Kim. C., Suh, J., et al. “A Development of Indicators for Urban Tourism Competitiveness.” Seoul Metropolitan Government, Technical report, 2010.
- Kim, C., Suh, J., et al. “Cluster Group for Developing a Future Convention Destination, 2010 Report.” Seoul Development Institute (SDI), Technical report, 2010.
- Suh, J., An, S., & Eck, T. (July 2018). “Traveling Like A Local: A Study of the Relationships among Customer Engagement, Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions of Airbnb Users.” Paper presented at the 2018 Global Marketing Conference, Tokyo, Japan.
- Suh, J., McCole, D., & Kim M. (January 2017). “The Effects of EWOM through Social Media on Destination Branding.” Paper presented at The 22nd Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality & Tourism, Houston, TX.
- Suh, J., Kim, S., & McCole, D. (April 2016). “Understanding Effects of Social Earned Media and Owned Media in Destination Branding.” Paper presented at 2016 KAHTEA Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Suh, J., Kim, S., & McCole, D. (July 2015). “Effects of Social Media versus Traditional Media in Destination Branding.” Paper presented at 2015 ICHRIE Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Suh, J., McCole, D., & Kim, S. (July 2015). “Understanding Effects of Social Earned Media and Controlled Media in Destination Branding.” Paper presented at 2015 TOSOK International Tourism Conference, Seoul, South Korea.
- Suh, J., & McCole, D. (April 2014). “Understanding Off-Highway Vehicle Recreationist Preferences among Different Types of Vehicle Users.” Paper presented at 2014 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium, Cooperstown, NY.
- McCole, D. & Suh, J. (June 2013). “Using Stated Preference Method to Inform Initial Design and Capital Investments for Tourism Attraction.” Paper presented at 2013 Travel & Tourism Research Association (TTRA) 44th Annual International Conference, Kansas City, MO.
- Suh, J., McCole, D., & Carmichael, C. (May 2013). “Recreational Specialization and Motivations among Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Users in Michigan.” Paper presented at 2013 National Outdoor Recreation Conference, Traverse City, MI.
- Suh, J., McCole, D., & Holecek, D. (April 2013). “A Comparison of Mail and Internet Survey Procedures.” Paper presented at 2013 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium, Cooperstown, NY.
- Ph.D. in Tourism and Hospitality Marketing, Michigan State University, 2017
- MS in Hotel and Tourism Management, Kyung Hee University (Seoul, Korea), 2012
- BS in Convention Management, Kyung Hee University (Seoul, Korea), 2010
- Hospitality Marketing
- Destination Branding
- Social Media Marketing
- Conference and Exhibition Management
- Sharing Economy in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry