Yi-Chun (Chad) Ho
- Associate Professor of Information Systems
- Information Systems & Technology Management
- Funger Hall
2201 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
- [email protected]
Yi-Chun (Chad) Ho is an associate professor of Information Systems at the George Washington University School of Business (GWSB). He received his Ph.D. from the Foster School of Business, the University of Washington, and his M.S. from the Eller College of Management, the University of Arizona.
Chad is interested in exploring contemporary business phenomena that are enabled by various information technologies and systems, with a focus on their economic impacts on firms and behavioral impacts on individuals. His research portfolio consists of three major streams, including sharing economy, user-generated content, and digital (mobile and electronic) commerce. He has published in premier business journals, such as Information Systems Research, and won multiple best paper awards or nominations at premier conferences, including WISE, CIST, WEB and CSWIM. Chad is also the winner of the Dean’s Emerging Scholar Award and Outstanding ISTM Faculty (Teaching Excellence) Award.
User-generated Content / Online Reviews
Crowdfunding / Peer-to-peer Lending
Social Media / Influencer Marketing
Mobile Advertising & Analytics
Pricing in Electronic Commerce
- Ho Y-C(C), Wu J, Tan Y (2017). Disconfirmation Effect on Online Rating Behavior: A Structural Model. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 28(3), 626-642 (UTD24, FT50).
- Ho Y-C(C), Ho I, Tan Y (2017). Online Cash-back Shopping: Implications for Consumers and e-Businesses. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 28(2), 250-264 (UTD24, FT50).
- Jiang Y, Ho Y-C(C), Yan X, Tan Y (2020). When Online Lending Meets Real Estate: Examining Investment Decisions in Lending-Based Real Estate Crowdfunding. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 31(3), 715-730 (UTD24, FT50).
- Ho I, Dewan S, Ho Y-C(C) (2020). Distance and Local Competition in Mobile Geofencing. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 31(4), 1421-1442 (UTD24, FT50).
- Fang Z, Ho Y-C(C), Tan X & Tan Y. Show Me the Money: The Economic Impact of Membership-Based Free Shipping Programs on e-Tailers. [SSRN]
Information Systems Research, forthcoming (UTD24, FT50).
- Jiang Y, Ho Y-C(C), Yan X, Tan Y (2018). Investor Platform Choice: Herding, Platform Attributes, and Regulations. [SSRN, JMIS]
Journal of Management Information Systems, 35(1), 86-116 (FT50).
- Nan G, Yao L, Ho Y-C(C), Li Z, Li M (2019). A Competitive Analysis of Platform Protection in the Presence of Content Substitutability.
Journal of Management Information Systems, 36(3), 1002-1036 (FT50).
Chad is teaching Python Program Database Applications (ISTM 6200) and Management Information Systems Technology (BADM 2301) in Fall 2020.
Courses Chad has taught at GWSB:
Web and Social Analytics (ISTM 6209, Graduate Core)
Management Information Systems Technology (BADM 2301, Undergraduate Core)
Dean’s Emerging Scholar Award, GWSB, 2019
Outstanding ISTM Faculty (Teaching Excellence) Award, GWSB, 2019
Best Student Paper Nominee, Conference on Information Systems & Technology (CIST), 2019
Best Paper Runner-up, China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM), 2018
Dean’s Small Research Grants, GWSB, 2017
Best Paper Nominee, Workshop on Information Systems and Economics (WISE), 2016
Best Reviewer, Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2016
National Doctorate Research Grants ($32,000), Ministry of Education, Taiwan, 2012–14
Best Paper Runner-up, Workshop on e-Business (WEB), 2012