Yi-Chun (Chad) Ho
Yi-Chun (Chad) Ho
Associate Professor of Information Systems & Technology Management
Yi-Chun (Chad) Ho is an associate professor of Information Systems & Technology Management at the George Washington University School of Business (GWSB). He received his Ph.D. from the Foster School of Business, the University of Washington, and his M.S. from the Eller College of Management, the University of Arizona.
Chad is interested in exploring contemporary business phenomena that are enabled by various information technologies and systems, with a focus on their economic impacts on firms and individuals. His research portfolio consists of three major streams, including sharing economy, user-generated content, and digital (mobile and electronic) commerce. His work has appeared in premier business journals, such as Information Systems Research and Production and Operations Management, and won multiple best paper awards or nominations at top IS conferences, including WISE, CIST, WEB and CSWIM.
Chad is a winner of the Sandy Slaughter Early Career Award (conferred by INFORMS Information Systems Society) in 2021. The award recognizes and honors early career individuals who are on a path towards making outstanding intellectual contributions to the Information Systems discipline. His research, teaching and service has also won him other reputable awards, including the Dean’s Emerging Scholar Award, GWU University-wide Bender Teaching Award (nominee), Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Award, Outstanding ISTM Faculty Award, Information Systems Research Best Reviewer Award, among others. Chad is serving as an Associate Editor at Information Systems Research.
User-generated Content / Online Reviews
Crowdfunding / Peer-to-peer Lending
Social Media / Influencer Marketing
Mobile Advertising & Analytics
Pricing in Electronic Commerce
GWU (University-wide) Bender Teaching Award Nominee, GWU, 2022
Sandy Slaughter Early Career Award, INFORMS Information Systems Society, 2021
Best Reviewer Award, Information Systems Research (a UTD-24 journal), 2021
Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty of the Year Award, GWSB, 2021
Dean’s Emerging Scholar Award, GWSB, 2019
Outstanding ISTM Faculty (Teaching Excellence) Award, GWSB, 2019
Best Student Paper Nominee, Conference on Information Systems & Technology (CIST), 2019
Best Paper Runner-up, China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM), 2018
Dean’s Small Research Grants, GWSB, 2017
Best Paper Nominee, Workshop on Information Systems and Economics (WISE), 2016
Best Reviewer, Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2016
National Doctorate Research Grants ($32,000), Ministry of Education, Taiwan, 2012–14
Best Paper Runner-up, Workshop on e-Business (WEB), 2012
Selected Publications (UTD-24, FT-50)
- Ho Y-C(C), Wu J, Tan Y (2017). Disconfirmation Effect on Online Rating Behavior: A Structural Model. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 28(3), 626-642 (UTD-24, FT-50).
- Ho Y-C(C), Ho I, Tan Y (2017). Online Cash-back Shopping: Implications for Consumers and e-Businesses. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 28(2), 250-264 (UTD-24, FT-50).
- Jiang Y, Ho Y-C(C), Yan X, Tan Y (2020). When Online Lending Meets Real Estate: Examining Investment Decisions in Lending-Based Real Estate Crowdfunding. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 31(3), 715-730 (UTD-24, FT-50).
- Ho I, Dewan S, Ho Y-C(C) (2020). Distance and Local Competition in Mobile Geofencing. [SSRN, ISR]
Information Systems Research, 31(4), 1421-1442 (UTD-24, FT-50).
- Fang Z, Ho Y-C(C), Tan X & Tan Y (2021). Show Me the Money: The Economic Impact of Membership-Based Free Shipping Programs on e-Tailers. [SSRN, ISR ]
Information Systems Research, 32(4), 1115-1127 (UTD-24).
- Jiang Y, Ho Y-C(C), Yan X, Tan Y (2021). What’s in a “Username”? The Effect of Perceived Anonymity on Herding in Crowdfunding. [SSRN]
Information Systems Research, 33(1), 1-17 (Lead Article) (UTD-24).
- Xiao S, Ho Y-C(C), Che H (2021). Building the Momentum: Information Disclosure and Herding in Online Crowdfunding. [POM]
Production & Operations Management, 30(9), 3213-3230 (UTD-24, FT-50).
- Jiang Y, Ho Y-C(C), Yan X, Tan Y (2018). Investor Platform Choice: Herding, Platform Attributes, and Regulations. [SSRN, JMIS]
Journal of Management Information Systems, 35(1), 86-116 (FT-50).
- Nan G, Yao L, Ho Y-C(C), Li Z, Li M (2019). A Competitive Analysis of Platform Protection in the Presence of Content Substitutability.
Journal of Management Information Systems, 36(3), 1002-1036 (FT-50).
Chad is teaching Python Program Database Applications (ISTM 6200) and Introduction to Programming (ISTM 3119).
Courses Chad has taught at GWSB:
Python Program Database Applications (ISTM 6200, MSIST Foundation Course)
Web and Social Analytics (ISTM 6209, MSIST Core Course)
Management Information Systems Technology (BADM 2301, Undergraduate Core Course)
- Introduction to Programming (ISTM 3119, BS/IS Core Course)
- Associate Editor, Information Systems Research (2022 – Present)
- Associate Editor, Information Technology & Management (2020–2021)
- Associate Editor, International Conferences on Information Systems (2018 – Present)