Professor of Accountancy
Dr. Angela Gore is a professor of accountancy at the George Washington University School of Business.
- Peter Vaill Outstanding Doctoral Educator Award George Washington University School of Business, 2015 and 2021
- Cornelius E. Tierney/Ernst & Young Research Award Association of Government Accountants, 2014
- Deloitte Wildman Medal American Accounting Association, 2010
- Outstanding Research Paper American Accounting Association GNP section, 2000, 2007 and 2020
- Policy Research Scholar George Washington Institute of Public Policy, 2009-2010
- Undergraduate Teaching Award University of Oregon, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Governmental accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Ph.D., State University of New York at Buffalo
- B.S., Central Michigan University
"Do governments hide resources from unions? The influence of public sector unions on reported discretionary fund balance ratios," with Yuan Ji and Susan Kulp. Journal of Accounting Research. 2023, forthcoming.
“Compensation design and political risk: The case of city managers,” with Susan Kulp and Ying Li Compton, Review of Accounting Studies, 2017.
“Accounting Restatements, Governance, and Municipal Debt Financing,” with Bill Baber, Kevin Rich, and Jean Zhang, Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2013.
“The Role of Technical Expertise in Firm Governance Structure: Evidence From Chief Financial Officer Contractual Incentives,” with Steve Matsunaga and Eric Yeung, Strategic Management Journal, 2011.
“Why Do Cities Hoard Cash? Determinants and Implications of Municipal Cash Holdings,” The Accounting Review, 2009.
“Consequences of GAAP Disclosure Regulation: Evidence from Municipal Debt Issues,” with Bill Baber, The Accounting Review, 2008.
“Financial Disclosure and Bond Insurance,” with Kevin Sachs and Charles Trzcinka, The Journal of Law and Economics, 2004.
“The Effects of GAAP Regulation and Bond Market Interaction on Local Government Disclosure,” Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 2004.
Journal of Government and Nonprofit Accounting (JOGNA), 2010-present
Accounting Horizons, 2006-2009