The BBA degree offers general management preparation with an opportunity for specialization in a specific field of business.
It represents a careful balance of structure and choice, with flexibility that allows students to tailor their programs to reflect the individual career goals they have selected. While each student takes the same business core classes, many of the general education courses and courses in the field of concentration are individually selected to suit each student.
For students who entered GWSB beginning Fall 2014 and forward:
BBA Concentration Options
Students pursuing a BBA degree must pursue one or two concentrations. Students must declare their concentration(s) and minor outside of GWSB by the end of their sophomore year.
- Business Analytics
- Business Economics and Public Policy
- Information Systems and Technology Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Real Estate
- Sport, Event, and Hospitality Management
- Individualized Field of Study (by application only)
Required Non-GWSB Minor
The BBA degree requires students to declare a minor outside of GWSB; regardless if the student has one or two concentrations. Students should consult with the department in which the minor is housed to learn more about minor course requirements and/or review the University Bulletin. Students must declare their minor by the end of their sophomore year and work with a GWSB advisor to determine how the minor fits into their academic plan.
- GWSB Students may pursue the Business Analytics or Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minors under the following conditions:
- BBA students must declare Non-GWSB minor outside of the School of Business to fulfill their degree requirement; Business Analytics and Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minors may only serve as a second minor.
- BBA students concentrating in Innovation & Entrepreneurship may not complete the Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minor.
- BBA students concentrating in Business Analytics may not complete the Business Analytics minor.
The Minor Declaration Form can be found on the Undergraduate Advising Center’s Forms page.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- The 4+1 Program
- Specialized Master's
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
- Undergraduate Programs
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052