Bachelor of Business Administration

The Bachelor of Business Administration degree offers general management preparation with an opportunity for specialization in a specific field of business.

It represents a careful balance of structure and choice, with flexibility that allows students to tailor their programs to reflect the individual career goals they have selected. While each student takes the same basic business core classes, many of the general education courses and courses in the field of concentration are individually selected to suit each student.

Curriculum Information

For students who entered GWSB beginning Fall 2014 and forward:

BBA Concentration Options 

Students pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree must pursue one (or two) concentration(s); they also have the option of pursuing a second concentration. The concentration courses are typically completed during the junior and senior years. Students should aim to declare their concentration(s) by the end of their sophomore year by consulting with a GWSB advisor.

Required Non-GWSB Minor 

The BBA degree requires students to choose a minor outside of the School of Business; regardless if the student has one or two concentrations. Students should consult with the department in which their minor is housed to learn more about minor course requirements and/or review the University Bulletin. Students should aim to declare their minor by the end of their sophomore year and should work with a GWSB advisor to determine how the minor fits into their academic plan.

  • School of Business Students may pursue the Business Analytics or Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minors under the following conditions:
    • BBA students must select a minor outside of the School of Business to fulfill their degree requirement; these minors may only serve as a second minor. 
    • BBA students concentrating in Innovation & Entrepreneurship may not complete the Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship minor. 
    • BBA students concentrating in Business Analytics may not complete the Business Analytics minor. 

The Minor Declaration Form can be found on the Advising Center’s Forms page.