Become a Mentor!
The Mentor Program for the First Year Development Program (FYDP) and Transfer Student Development Course (TSDC) is an opportunity for upperclassmen to work closely with an instructor and to gain experience as facilitators in a classroom setting.
As FYDP/TSDC Mentors, these student leaders become competent in the following areas:
- Developing strong facilitation and presentation skills in a classroom environment
- Fostering a welcoming and supportive community for first-year and transfer students
- Guiding first-year students transition into the GWSB environment while delivering one-on-one interaction as peer mentors
- Creating effective lesson plans with GWSB Undergraduate Advising and Programs staff during weekly meetings
- Collaborating during preparatory meetings, FYDP lecture and breakout, and debrief sessions to deliver a well-rounded first-year experience class
FYDP/TSDC Mentors are selected each year during the Spring Semester through a highly selective application process. A cohort of about 20 mentors are selected per academic year. If you are interested in becoming an FYDP/TSDC Mentor and would like more information on how to apply, please check back on this page; the application link will be posted here when the application process is open.
- Current Undergraduate Students
- The Advising Center
- First Year Development Program
- Internships and Independent Study
- Study Abroad
- Student Engagement
- Transfer Students
- Undergraduate Faculty Resources
- Connect with Us
- Current Graduate Students
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052