- Professor Emeritus of International Marketing
- International Business
- Funger Hall
2201 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
- [email protected]
Fernando Robles is professor of international business and international relations at the School of Business of the George Washington University. Dr. Robles’s research and consulting experience is in Global Marketing and Regional Marketing Strategies. He published a book on Winning Strategies for the New Latin Markets in 2002. His articles have appeared in many academic and professional journals, which include The Journal of International Business Studies, International Journal of Business and Management, International Marketing Review, Industrial Marketing Management, The Journal of Euromarketing, The International Executive, The Journal of Direct Marketing, Latin American Business Review and Thunderbird International Business Review. He has also made many contributions to chapters in books on global and international marketing and serves on the editorial boards of Academia, Management Decision and Journal of Asia Pacific Business.
A native of Peru, Dr. Robles received a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering at the National University of Engineering and a master’s degree from the Graduate School of Business Administration (ESAN) in Lima, Peru. He has an MBA degree from Georgia State University and a PhD degree in business administration from the Pennsylvania State University.
- Latin American Market Strategies
- Global and Regional Marketing Strategies
Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, 1979
M.B.A., Georgia State University, 1979
M.A., Essan, 1970
B.S., Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria, 1968
- Introduction to International Business
- Regional Strategy for Multinationals
- Regional International Marketing Systems
- International Marketing
- Cross border Investments in Latin America
- Marketing Strategies for the Americas
- International Direct Marketing
- Internationalization of the Latin American Multinationals
- Robles, Fernando (2013), “Management in a Polarized Latin American Region: Special Issue Introduction,” Management Decision, (forthcoming, number 8).
- Robles, Fernando (2012), “Firm Strategy in a Polarized Latin American Region,” International Journal of Business and Management, 3 (2): 12-35.
- Robles, Fernando (2011), “Export Channel Integration Strategy and Performance: A contingency approach,” International Journal of Business and Management, 6 (12): 3-13.
- Robles, Fernando, R. Clarke, M. Machado and S. Akhter (2008), “Determinants of International Equity Entry Mode: An empirical analysis,” International Journal of Strategic Management, 8(1), 45-53.
- Member, American Marketing Association
- Member, Academy of International Business
- Advisory Council of the International Society for Marketing and Development
- Educational Committee, Direct Marketing Association of Washington
- Faculty Advisory Board, Marketing Doctoral Students Association.