Below are the deadlines for all international students to submit the necessary documents to obtain a form I-20 from the GW School of Business. You can view the entire process to receive your visa in our Steps to Obtain a Visa document.
Please note: we will not process any documents until you have been accepted into a degree program and have paid your deposit. Students who submit documents past the deadline will not be issued a form I-20 for the semester. If you miss the deadline, you may contact your degree program office to request deferral to the following semester.
- April 29, 2019 (For students attending the summer EAP program) – This deadline is for students who plan on attending English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses prior to the start of their program. EAP courses begin July 1, 2019.
- June 17, 2019 (for students applying for a F-1 visa from outside the U.S.) — This deadline is required of all international students who are applying for an initial attendance I-20 and will be applying for an F-1 visa while they are outside the United States.
- July 22, 2019 (for students transferring an existing SEVIS record) — This deadline is required of all international students who are currently in the United States and have an active SEVIS record.
G&EE has compiled a list of resources to help you fill out and submit the documents required to receive your I-20. Please watch each video and follow the instructions carefully.
This video is for ALL international students who will attend GWSB and require a form I-20. The video will show you how to properly complete the forms, and how to submit them to GWSB.
This video is for international students currently in the United States with an active SEVIS record and plan to transfer their SEVIS record to GWSB.
This video is for international students who wish to bring dependents with them on an F-2 visa. Dependents are defined as a spouse or child.
All international students must correctly complete this form in order to obtain a form I-20. You must submit the most up-to-date version of the form. Older versions of this form will not be accepted. Please refer to the instructional video for a detailed explanation of how to properly complete and submit the VRFC form. You may also reference the attachment below for additional guidance.
The cost of graduate programs at the School of Business might vary from the average cost listed on the visa request form. Therefore, when providing your financial documents, ensure that your funds correspond to the estimated cost of the program in which you are enrolled using the Academic & Living Costs Form below.
- Download the Academic & Living Costs Form
- Download the VRFC Form
- Download the VRFC Reference Form (for guidance filling out the VRFC form)
All students who plan to participate in the Summer English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program must complete this form in order to obtain an I-20.
- Download the VRFC Form (Summer EAP Option)
This form is for all students in the United States wishing to transfer their SEVIS record to GWSB. Please refer to the instructional video for a detailed explanation of how to complete and submit the SEVIS Transfer Form.
- Download the SEVIS Transfer Form
This form is for international students who wish to have dependents accompany them while they are at GWSB. Please refer to the instructional video for a detailed explanation of how to complete and submit the Dependent Information Form.
- Download the Dependent Information Form
The ISO is the University’s student immigration and international student support center. If you have any questions regarding student immigration issues, please refer to their website and contact them directly.
The graduate admissions office has all information for prospective and current graduate students at GWU. The have information regarding international student requirements and funding. Please refer to their website for all information regarding international student funding that is not part of your admissions package.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
- Academic Life
- Academic Calendar
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052