The mission of the Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) program is to provide a superior, state-of-the-art graduate educational experience that elevates the knowledge and expertise to a level that enables students to serve as leaders, educators, practitioners and activists in the project management profession.
To accomplish our mission, the Master of Science in Project Management seeks to:
- Provide students with a comprehensive foundation in the principles of project management that influence performance at all levels of an organization.
- Provide students transferable skills that incorporate a mixture of core concepts with knowledge and understanding of problem-solving, critical and systems thinking, communication and team building.
- Provide students with a solid theoretical understanding and the ability to apply relevant methods for making complex decisions in business and project management decisions by identifying objectives and alternatives, setting priorities, allocating resources, planning, scheduling and estimating, ensuring quality, managing risk, resolving conflict and making effective group decisions.
- Provide students with the ability to synthesize project management theory and methods to apply them to any domain.
The MSPM program is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center (PMI-GAC). The PMI-GAC is a specialized accrediting body for project management and related degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate and doctorate levels of higher education worldwide.
About This Seal
The GAC Accredited Program Seal reflects GAC’s image as the leading academic accreditation body for project, program and portfolio management. The various symbols in the seal communicate the following:
- GAC is a community of academic programs and faculty, committed to quality assurance in project management education.
- GAC is committed to outcomes, as graduates of GAC accredited programs can be assured that they have the knowledge and skills to be successful professionals.
- Growth is a critical component of GAC, supporting change and transformation in our increasingly projectized world, spurring progress, both within the discipline of project management and the profession.
An innovative and unique curriculum with discipline-independent coursework, the program brings realistic examples from the workplace to the classroom.
Admission to the MSPM program is competitive. Applicants must present a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and meet the minimum requirements.
From scholarships and fellowships to loans and work-study arrangements, we offer a wealth of resources to help you finance your MS in Project Management degree.
Courses immerse students in teamwork and team dynamics, helping them develop the skills to tackle complex projects and the savvy to synthesize diverse perspectives.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Master of Accountancy
- MS in Applied Finance
- MS in Business Analytics
- MS in Finance
- Master of Human Resource Management
- MS in Information Systems Technology
- Master of Interdisciplinary Business Studies
- MS in International Business
- Master in Management
- MS in Project Management
- MS in Sport Management
- Master of Tourism Administration
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
GW SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052