In the 21st century, Accountancy is the international language of business.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow 16 percent from 2010 to 2020, and demand for thorough financial documentation is expected to increase in response to recent financial crises and subsequent financial regulations.”
Whether you’re interested in auditing, tax, forensic accounting or management, GW’s Master of Accountancy prepares you for professional certification as a CPA and a successful career in the world’s leading accounting and consulting firms, government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Experienced accountants are more crucial today than ever before. From fighting terrorism with the FBI and corporate corruption with the SEC, to helping organizations large and small navigate an increasingly complex tangle of tax regulations, accountants are driving business and the business of government.
Tailored to your career objectives, the Master of Accountancy program consists of 30 credits available to qualifying students who possess a bachelor’s degree from a U.S.-accredited university.
What's the GW Difference?
Master of Accountancy Students Benefit From:
- Opportunities for internships with global organizations including the Big-4, SEC, IRS, FBI, GAO, World Bank, IMF, IFC, Peace Corps, Red Cross and more.
- Top-notch faculty working in some of the world’s most influential firms and organizations, such as PWC, KPMG and Deloitte, help students cultivate important industry contacts.
- A richly diverse student body with representation from countries that include Bolivia, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Moldova, Nepal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Taiwan and Turkey as well as the United States.
- A flexible program structure that allows students to pursue their degree on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Access to all the resources of GWSB, including its strong reputation in government and industry, large alumni network, and active career center.
- Proximity to government and industry institutions like the IRS, SEC, FBI, Treasury Department, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and many other influential organizations.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Master of Accountancy
- MS in Applied Finance
- MS in Business Analytics
- MS in Finance
- Master of Human Resource Management
- MS in Information Systems Technology
- Master of Interdisciplinary Business Studies
- MS in International Business
- Master in Management
- MS in Project Management
- MS in Sport Management
- Master of Tourism Administration
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052