- Assistant Professor of Finance
- Department of Finance
Vineet Bhagwat is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the George Washington University School of Business. His research interests are in empirical corporate finance, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, and CEO behavior. Prior to joining GW, he was an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon. Vineet has published his research in the top finance journals including the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Financial Economics. He received his PhD in Finance from the Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern University in 2013 and his Bachelor's degree in Economics and Mathematics from Stanford University in 2006.
- PhD, Finance, Northwestern University, 2013
- B.A., Economics, Stanford University, 2006
- B.S., Mathematics, Stanford University, 2006
- Bhagwat, V., Dam, R., Harford, J. (2016), “The Real Effects of Uncertainty on Merger Activity”. The Review of Financial Studies, 29(11): 3000-3034.
- Bernile, G., Bhagwat, V., and Rau, P.R. (2017), “What Doesn’t Kill You Only Makes You More Risk-Loving: Early Disasters and CEO behavior”. The Journal of Finance, 72: 167-206.
- Bernile, G., Bhagwat, V., and Yonker, S. "Board Diversity, Firm Risk, and Corporate Policies" Forthcoming, Journal of Financial Economics.
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- CEO Behavior and Risk-Taking