One graduating Undergraduate and one graduating Masters student will be selected to speak about his/her experiences, lessons learned, and words of encouragement on stage in front of fellow graduates, family, friends, faculty and staff at their School of Business Commencement Celebration. In addition, one Undergraduate student singer and one Masters student singer will be selected to sing the National Anthem and Alma Mater.
Audition Dates, Times & Location
Masters Auditions: Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in Duques Hall, Room TBD.
Undergraduate Auditions: Thursday, March 1, 2018 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in Duques Hall, Room TBD.
- Any student who earned his/her degree in Fall 2017 or will earn their degree in Spring 2018 or Summer 2018, is eligible.
- Good academic standing.
How to Sign Up
Prospective graduates interested in being a speaker or singer at the School of Business Commencement Celebrations should email [email protected] to sign up for an audition time. In the email send a brief bio, a recent photo and your availability by Friday, February 24th.
Your time slot will be finalized on Monday, February 26th by COB.
Student Speaker Audition
- Students should arrive 10 minutes before their designated time slot.
- Students should be dressed in business attire.
- Be prepared to deliver a 3-5 minute commencement speech. Auditions should last no more than 10 minutes, please do not go over.
- Also be prepared to share a bit about yourself for 30 seconds before you give your speech and to answer any questions that the judges may have.
Selected students will receive 2 additional tickets to the GWSB Celebration. For more information please email [email protected] or call the GWSB Office of Facility Services and Events at (202) 994-8252.
Student Singer Auditions
Prospective graduates interested in singing the National Anthem and Alma Mater at their School of Business Commencement Celebration should email [email protected] with a video of you singing the National Anthem and the GW Alma Mater by *February 23, 2018.
*The video should begin with you sharing a bit about your self-including your name, why you would like to sing at your school celebration and state whether you are a graduating senior or Masters Student as well as your program. We need one Undergraduate and one Masters Singer.
The University Student Speaker & Singer Auditions
The University-wide student speaker competition is run through the Office of University Events. If you are interested in auditioning to speak on the National Mall, please contact the Office of University Events.
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052