MSIST | Degree Requirements
The Master of Science in Information Systems Technology program is 33 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks).
Students must successfully complete the following course and program requirements to be eligible for the MS in Information Systems Technology degree.
- Students may be required to complete 3-6 credits of foundation courses (see requirements below).
- Achieve at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years.
Students must complete 33 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Foundation Courses | 6 Credits*
- ISTM 6290 | Python & SQL
*Foundation courses may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See your academic advisor for more details.
Core Courses | 21 Credits**
- ISTM 6201 | Information Systems Development and Applications | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6202 | Relational Databases | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6204 | Information Technology Project Management | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6205 | Internet Computing | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6206 | Information Systems Security | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6209 | Web & Social Analytics | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6210 | Integrated Information Systems Capstone | 3 Credits
** Core courses may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the MSIST Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
Electives | 12 Credits
Students must choose from the following elective options:
- ISTM 6221 | Management Perspectives in Electronic Commerce | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6222 | IS/IT Strategy and Implementation | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6223 | Technology Entrepreneurship | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6224 | Management of Technology and Innovation | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6225 | Enterprise Architecture | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6211 | Data Warehousing and Online Analytical Processing | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6213 | Enterprise Web and Database Applications | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6214 | Advanced Programming and Business Applications | 3 Credits
- ISTM 6215 | Human-Computer Interaction | 3 Credits