Bachelor of Science in Finance
Emphasizing a finance-focused education, this degree directly targets the financial industry including commercial banks, investment banks, investment companies, and insurance companies.
This degree requires a second major in a non-business field, not only integrating the University’s emphasis on interdisciplinary study at the undergraduate level, but also positioning GW Business students to become informed global stewards. This new degree program also allows non-business students to pursue a second major in finance.
- GWSB students: must complete all General Education Requirements (G-PAC); the Bachelor of Science in Finance Curriculum Requirements; and all requirements in their 2nd major
- Non-GWSB students: must complete all general education & 1st major requirements in their home school, as well as the Finance as Second Major Requirements
- Students who wish to pursue the BS degree with a major in finance or finance as a second major must apply and be admitted to this competitive program.
- Detailed instructions on how to apply to the program will be posted by December 31, 2014.
- Information sessions will be held in the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters for interested students; refer back to this page for dates. The next application cycle will open in the Spring 2015 semester. The application deadline is Friday, February 24, 2015.
- Complete the Online Application, available on December 31, 2014, which includes the 2 items below.
- Academic Plan. The application process requires the student to complete an academic plan which demonstrates their ability to complete this degree within four years from the start of their undergraduate studies.
- Essay. Additionally, students are required to write an essay on their interest in pursuing the Finance and their second majors, including the way the degree aligns with personal and professional goals beyond graduation.
Application Review Process:
The application materials will be reviewed by the Finance Department chair, the associate dean for undergraduate programs, and the executive director of undergraduate advising and programs. Applicants will be informed of their application status within 3-4 weeks after the application deadline.
*Please note, the Curriculum Guide is intended for a general overview of the courses required and is subject to change.*