Taking the Pulse of Business
In the 21st century, Accountancy is the international language of business.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow 16 percent from 2010 to 2020, and demand for thorough financial documentation is expected to increase in response to recent financial crises and subsequent financial regulations.”
Whether you’re interested in auditing, tax, forensic accounting, or management, GW’s Master of Accountancy prepares you for professional certification as a CPA and a successful career in the world’s leading accounting and consulting firms, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
Experienced accountants are more crucial today than ever before. From fighting terrorism with the FBI and corporate corruption with the SEC, to helping organizations large and small navigate an increasingly complex tangle of tax regulations, accountants are driving business and the business of government.
The Master of Accountancy program can be tailored to your interests and career objectives. The program consists of 36 credits, with a shorter track of 30 credits available to qualifying students who possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business from a U.S.-accredited university.
What’s the GW Difference?
The Master of Accountancy program at GWSB offers students benefits such as:
- Opportunities for internships with global organizations including the Big-4, SEC, IRS, FBI, GAO, World Bank, IMF, IFC, Peace Corps, Red Cross and more.
- Top-notch faculty working in some of the world’s most influential firms and organizations, such as PWC, KPMG, and Deloitte, help students cultivate important industry contacts.
- A richly diverse student body with representation from countries that include Bolivia, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Moldova, Nepal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Taiwan, and Turkey as well as the United States.
- A flexible program structure that allows students to pursue their degree on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Access to all the resources of GWSB, including its strong reputation in government and industry, large alumni network, and active career center.
- Proximity to government and industry institutions like the IRS, SEC, FBI, Treasury Department, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and many other influential organizations.