About the Program
This is where future leaders learn to use analytics to transform organizations.
Complex, large-scale data sets. Countless figures crunched into concise recommendations. Numbers don’t intimidate you, they intrigue you with their potential to unlock business insights.
The Master of Science program in Business Analytics (MSBA) at GW School of Business blends the study of sophisticated business analytics principles and methods with a best-in-class management education. Our innovative curriculum balances real-world practice and academic theory.
What is Business Analytics?
Business analytics is the practice of transforming data into business insights to allow for better decision-making. By employing the latest tools, models and techniques, business analytics can help evaluate complex situations, consider all available options, predict outcomes and present critical risks for business decision-makers.
What Business Analytics can do:
By using sophisticated data and quantitative analysis, business analytics is able to simplify decision-making processes and achieve better outcomes throughout organizations’ value chains, whether they are government agencies or international corporations.
Harnessing the power of mathematical models, business analytics uses advanced tools and technologies to help each organization make the most of its data. The methods and models of analytics draw from disciplines including statistics, operations research, computer science, information systems, and others.
Business analytics allows professionals to take business intelligence and leverage it to the competitive advantage of the organization.
What’s the GW Difference?
Launched in fall 2013, GWSB’s MSBA program is innovative in its academic methodology and inspiring in its vision. Our program addresses the rapidly growing need for business analytics professionals, training graduates to harness the power of big data to make informed decisions and envision new possibilities for their organizations.
An MSBA from GWSB offers students unrivaled benefits:
- Rigorous curriculum that emphasizes the study of Methods, Applications, Skills and Technology (MAST).
- Exceptional and dedicated faculty with industry experience and first-hand understanding of business analytics’ evolving role in domestic and international organizations.
- Hands-on experience and exposure to the best analytics tools and software.
- Industry-related practicum that provides real-world problem solving situations with cooperating firms.
- Large alumni network and fellow classmates drawn from a talented and executive level pool of applicants.
- Proximity to government and industry institutions such as the U.S. Department of State, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and many other influential institutions.