Event & Meeting Management
Earn this certificate and you’ll be ready to design, plan and execute successful events for any sized group. Taught by professionals from across the globe, this is the first comprehensive certificate program in higher education that provides classroom and online training based on industry certificate requirements. You’ll also roll up your sleeves and dive into the industry with an on-site internship.
Students Can Expect To…
- Learn best practices and latest thinking for the design, planning and execution of successful events and meetings for groups from 10 to thousands.
- Gain a big picture awareness of the event and meeting industry, including seminars, conventions, conferences, expositions, trade shows, special events, and more.
- Learn to conduct effective event and meeting management research, including needs assessment, site analysis, situation analysis, and feasibility studies.
- Experience the industry firsthand via an on-site, hands-on internship.
Event Management is An Ideal Program If You Are…
- Starting a new career as an event or meeting planner.
- In the industry and interested in enhancing your skills.
- Not in the industry, but charged with planning and facilitating meetings and events for your company or organization, profit or nonprofit.
- A volunteer or in charge of volunteers for special event activities.
Six Reasons to Earn Your Certificate Now!
- Validate your experiences
- Stay fresh with continuing education
- Fulfill personal goals
- Create your own pathway
- Work effectively
- Learn trends from leading-edge professionals
Resources for Current Event Management Students
Please visit the following links for the various practicum forms you will need:
- Practicum Site Supervisor Report (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Reference (PDF)
- Practicum Summary Form (PDF)