Short Term Study Away Programs
Short-term study away programs (STAPs) are the best way for graduate students to exercise international mobility while at the School of Business.
STAP programs are taught by faculty from GW or one of GWSB’s international partner universities** and are open to graduate students enrolled at the University; within the Washington, DC area, and to students in non-degree status. Select undergraduates may participate in faculty-led programs if they meet admission standards set by STAP faculty. Offerings are designed to expose graduate students to opportunities for global learning while at GWSB.
Winter Break | 2017
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 25, 2016
- Sweden | Consulting Practicum: Global Positioning & Persona Building Strategy | 3 Credits
- Australia | Brand Management & Doing Business in Australia | Short-term Exchange with Melbourne Business School | 1.5-4.5 Credits**
- Israel | Entrepreneurship & Innovation: The Israeli Model | Short-term Exchange with Tel Aviv University | 3 Credits**
- France | Technology Management in a European Business Environment | Short-term Exchange with Grenoble Ecole de Management | 3 Credits**
- France | Audencia Winter Program | Short-term Exchange with Audencia Business School | 1.5 – 4.5 credits**
Spring Break | 2017
Application Deadline: Sunday, October 30, 2016
- China | Exploring Small Businesses in China | 3 Credits
- Spain | Innovation & Technology in Barcelona | 3 Credits
- West Coast, USA | Doing Well by Doing Good in Action Sports | 3 Credits
- Mexico | Mexico as an Emerging Market | Short Term Exchange with IPADE Business School | 1.5 Credits**
- Denmark | Sustainability in Scandinavia | Short-term Exchange with Copenhagen Business School | 1.5 Credits**
** The “short-term exchange” designation identifies programs run by a GWSB partner institution, and are only open to graduate students in the School of Business. These courses are a unique opportunity to enroll directly in a course at one of our partner universities and take classes with a diverse array of students, from our partner institutions across the globe.