Studying Abroad as a GWSB Student
Why should I study abroad?
There are unlimited reasons why you should study abroad while a student! But some of the most valuable reasons are:
- Broaden your firsthand experience with other cultures and viewpoints
- Meet people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Gain new insights and perspectives while building new relationships
- Discover new talents and career interests
- Expand your employment qualifications and opportunities
- Learn a new language
- Engage with business students in an international setting
Who do I talk to about studying abroad?
1. You should talk to the Office for Study Abroad Advisors in Colonial Crossroads (Marvin Center, 5th Floor) who can assist you with:
- Regional advising – narrowing down where you want to study abroad
- Tier structure/financing study abroad
- Transferring credits back to GW
- Application information and deadlines
2. The GWSB Study Abroad Advisors in the Advising Center can assist you with:
- Reviewing your degree requirements
- Seeing if/when studying abroad is an option with your curriculum
- Suggesting what courses to look for abroad and reserve for GW
- Resources for the course approval process
If you have questions pertaining to your academics and studying abroad, you can request an appointment with the appropriate GWSB advisor by calling 202.994.7027.