Studying Abroad as a GWSB Student
Why should I study abroad?
There are unlimited reasons why you should study abroad while a student! But some of the most valuable reasons are:
- Broaden your firsthand experience with other cultures and viewpoints
- Meet people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Gain new insights and perspectives while building new relationships
- Discover new talents and career interests
- Expand your employment qualifications and opportunities
- Learn a new language
- Engage with business students in an international setting
Who do I talk to about studying abroad?
1. You should visit the Office for Study Abroad in Colonial Crossroads (Marvin Center, 5th Floor). OSA can assist you with:
- Beginning stages – discussing program types, location and culture abroad
- Discussing programs that meet your academic needs
- Narrowing down programs and discussing your goals in relation to abroad
- Tier structure/financing study abroad and scholarship opportunities
- Transferring credits back to GW
- Application information and deadlines
Students are encouraged to visit Study Abroad Express Advising or Open Advising hours before scheduling an appointment with Vanessa Rappleyea-Otto, OSA’s advisor for GWSB students. Click here to read about OSA’s Advising Services options and times.
2. GWSB Advisors in the Advising Center can assist you with:
- Reviewing your degree requirements
- Seeing if/when studying abroad is an option with your curriculum
- Suggesting what courses to look for abroad and reserve for GW
- Resources for the course approval process
You can request an appointment with a GWSB advisor here. Please note that we will not advise on study abroad during Express Advising.