Studying Abroad as a GWSB Student
Why should I study abroad?
There are unlimited reasons why you should study abroad while a student! But some of the most valuable reasons are:
- Broaden your firsthand experience with other cultures and viewpoints
- Meet people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Gain new insights and perspectives while building new relationships
- Discover new talents and career interests
- Expand your employment qualifications and opportunities
- Learn a new language
- Engage with business students in an international setting
Who do I talk to about studying abroad?
1. You should talk with the Office for Study Abroad Advisor for GWSB students in Colonial Crossroads (Marvin Center, 5th Floor).
The can assist you with:
- Study Abroad – discussing program types, location and culture abroad
- Tier structure/financing study abroad and scholarship opportunities
- Transferring credits back to GW
- Application information and deadlines
2. The GWSB Study Abroad Advisors in the Advising Center can assist you with:
- Reviewing your degree requirements
- Seeing if/when studying abroad is an option with your curriculum
- Suggesting what courses to look for abroad and reserve for GW
- Resources for the course approval process
If you have questions pertaining to your academics and studying abroad, you can request an appointment with the appropriate GWSB advisor by clicking, here, or with the Office for Study Abroad at 202.994.1649 .
Office for Study Abroad Advisor for GWSB Students:
Shay Laws | email@example.com