GWSB Seniors, are you on track for graduation?
- Step 1: Submit your Application for Graduation on time!
- Step 2: Review your DegreeMAP worksheet ASAP to see if you are on track to complete all degree requirements.
- Step 3: When in doubt, schedule an appointment with your GWSB advisor!
- Step 4: Pick up your tickets and prepare for GWSB’s graduation events!
- Step 5: Refer to detailed information on GW’s Commencement Website
Step 1: Submit your Application for Graduation on time!
- Before you apply, you must finalize your concentration(s) and minor(s).
Have you been meaning to declare a minor for years? View your unofficial transcript in GWeb to confirm what you have declared.If you have not declared your BBA concentration or would like to drop a concentration and/or minor, email your GWSB advisor with that request. If you have not declared your minor, submit a completed Minor Field Application to the Advising Center.
Once you confirm your unofficial transcript reflects the correct information, follow the steps below.
- Complete the online Graduation Application by Thursday, October 1, in order to avoid a late fee.
- If you complete your application by Friday, September 18, your GWSB advisor will review your academic record by September 25 (the end of the Fall 2015 add/drop period) and will notify you if any problems are identified with your fall schedule and completion of your degree requirements.
- You will be able to complete the online Graduation Application after you register for Spring 2016 courses in mid-November 2015.
- Complete the online Graduation Application by Monday, February 1, 2016, in order to avoid a late fee.
- If you complete your application by Monday, December 7, 2015, your GWSB advisor will review your academic record before February 5, 2016, (the end of the Spring 2016 add/drop period) and will notify you if any problems are identified with your spring schedule and completion of your degree requirements.
- Please note that your application must be submitted before March 15 in order to appear in the May Commencement brochure.
- You will be able to complete the online Graduation Application after you register for Summer 2016 courses.
- Complete the online Graduation Application by March 15, 2016, if you plan to participate in the May Commencement activities or by July 1, 2016, in order to avoid a late fee.
- Please note that if you apply for August 2016 graduation between March 15 and July 1, your name will not appear in the May 2016 Commencement Brochure. Your application must be submitted before March 15 in order to appear in the brochure.
Step 2: Review your DegreeMAP worksheet ASAP to see if you are on track to complete all degree requirements.
- Degree requirements highlighted in Blue are classes “in progress”; this will include your Fall 2014 & Spring 2015 classes until final grades are posted, as well as any classes that are missing final grades from previous semesters. If you have missing grades or Incompletes, you should contact your professor ASAP to resolve your grade.
- Degree requirements highlighted in Red are classes that still need to be completed in order for you to graduate (ie – in Spring 2016 if you are planning to graduate in May 2016). Make a list of the requirements in Red: will you be able to complete all of them in one semester (ie – is the total 18 credits or less)? Have you completed all pre-req’s for remaining classes? (Refer to the Bulletin for pre-req info.) If you think that something highlighted in Red is incorrect, refer to Recommendation #3 below.
Step 3: When in doubt, schedule an appointment with your GWSB advisor!
Completion of degree requirements is your responsibility as a student, and the Advising Team is here to serve as a resource if you have questions about those requirements. Advising is NOT available via email, but we would be glad to talk with you in person during a scheduled appointment. Not sure who your advisor is? Refer to our staff listing. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Step 4: Pick Up Your Tickets and Prepare for GWSB’s Graduation Events!
GWSB Commencement Week Celebration Information, here!
All students must complete the 2016 survey to obtain their tickets. This survey is required by the University. The Survey will be available in March.
2016 Graduation Survey
(link coming soon)
This survey is designed to help GW learn more about the experiences and future plans of our students. Your answers will be used to evaluate existing programs, to design new ones, and to advise current and future students. This survey will take about 15 minutes of your time. All responses are confidential. Thank you for your help on this important project. Click the survey in your level for your version of survey as graduate student or undergraduate student. For any undergraduates who have more than one major, please take the survey of the school in which you will be participating in that school’s Celebration.
Bring a copy of your survey email confirmation of the completed survey with you when you pick up your Commencement and School Celebration tickets.