GWSB Seniors, are you on track for graduation?
- Step 1: Submit your Application for Graduation on time!
- Step 2: Review your DegreeMAP worksheet ASAP to see if you are on track to complete all degree requirements.
- Step 3: When in doubt, schedule an appointment with a GWSB advisor!
- Step 4: Pick up your tickets and prepare for GWSB’s graduation events!
- Step 5: Refer to detailed information on GW’s Commencement Website
Step 1: Submit your Application for Graduation on time!
- Before you apply, you must finalize your concentration(s) and minor(s).
Have you been meaning to declare a minor for years? View your unofficial transcript in GWeb to confirm what you have declared. If you have not declared your BBA concentration or would like to drop a concentration and/or minor, email your GWSB advisor with that request. If you have not declared your minor, submit a completed Minor Declaration Form to the Advising Center.
Once you confirm your unofficial transcript reflects the correct information, follow the steps below.
- Complete the online Graduation Application by Saturday, October 1, in order to avoid a late fee.
- If you complete your application by Friday, September 16, a GWSB advisor will review your academic record by September 23 (the end of the Fall 2016 add/drop period) and will notify you if any problems are identified with your fall schedule and completion of your degree requirements.
- You will be able to complete the online Graduation Application after you register for Spring 2017 courses in mid-November 2016.
- Complete the online Graduation Application by Wednesday, February 1, 2017, in order to avoid a late fee.
- If you complete your application by Friday, December 9, 2016, a GWSB advisor will review your academic record before February 10, 2017, (the end of the Spring 2017 add/drop period) and will notify you if any problems are identified with your spring schedule and completion of your degree requirements.
- Please note that your application must be submitted before March 15 in order for your name to appear in the May Commencement brochure.
- You will be able to complete the online Graduation Application after you register for Summer 2016 courses.
- Complete the online Graduation Application by March 15, 2017, if you plan to participate in the May Commencement activities or by July 1, 2017, in order to avoid a late fee.
- Please note that if you apply for August 2017 graduation between March 15 and July 1, your name will not appear in the May 2016 Commencement brochure. Your application must be submitted before March 15 in order to be listed in the brochure.
Step 2: Review your DegreeMAP worksheet ASAP to see if you are on track to complete all degree requirements.
Click here for directions on logging into DegreeMAP. Once logged into your Worksheet, click below for the specifics you should review:
- The “Requirements” bar showing Degree Progress at the top of your worksheet should only show 100% once you have officially completed all of your degree requirements and grades are posted (i.e. at the completion of your final semester).
- Degree requirements highlighted in Blue are classes “in progress”; this will include your Fall 2016 & Spring 2017 classes until final grades are posted, as well as any classes that are missing final grades from previous semesters. If you have missing grades or Incompletes, you should contact your professor ASAP to resolve your grade.
- Degree requirements highlighted in Red are classes that still need to be completed in order for you to graduate (ie – in Spring 2017 if you are planning to graduate in May 2017). Make a list of the requirements in Red: will you be able to complete all of them in one semester (ie – is the total 18 credits or less)? Have you completed all pre-req’s for remaining classes? (Refer to the Bulletin for pre-req info.) If you think that something highlighted in Red is incorrect, refer to Recommendation #3 below.
GWSB students must earn a 2.0 GPA or higher, both overall and in their major courses. Your cumulative GPA is found at the top of your DegreeMAP worksheet.
Your major GPA is listed in the “Bachelor of Business Administration GPA Block” for BBA students and in the “Major in Accountancy” block for BAccy students, or “Major in Finance” block for BS students.
Step 3: When in doubt, schedule an appointment with a GWSB advisor!
Completion of degree requirements is your responsibility as a student, and the Advising Team is here to serve as a resource if you have questions about those requirements. Advising is NOT available via email, but we would be glad to talk with you in person during a scheduled appointment. Not sure who to speak to? Refer to our staff listing. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Step 4: Pick Up Your Tickets and Prepare for GWSB’s Graduation Events!
- GWSB Commencement Week Celebration Information! (2017 information coming soon!)
2017 Graduation Survey