Welcome to The Advising Center
Our office serves as the academic resource hub for all undergraduate students in the School of Business.
Duquès Hall, Suite 456
2201 G St NW
Washington, DC 20052
2016-2017 Academic Year Updated Hours
The Advising Center will be closed on the following dates:
- February 20, 2017
Neither Express Advising nor Scheduled Advising Appointments will be available on Monday, March 13, 2017 due to technology updates.
Mission of the Advising Center:
The GWSB Advising Center supports and empowers our students to achieve their educational goals through:
- Goal Setting/Academic Planning: We work with students to develop a plan to ensure timely completion of their educational goals.
- Development: We are committed to empowering students to make decisions, grow, and develop into independent thinkers and learners as they advance through their educational process at GWSB.
- Advocacy: We serve as our students’ advocates when appropriate, both within the University and to external parties.
- Resources: We provide our students with information to help develop their academic skills by referring them to the appropriate academic resources.
- Logistics: We provide students with the tools to access the necessary resources at GW to achieve success, which will serve as a foundation for future means of adapting to new environments.
- Advising Services: The Advising Center assists students in the following areas:
- Course Selection and Registration
- Concentration/Major/Minor Selection
- Interpreting University Policies and Procedures
- Academic Planning for Study Abroad
- Tutoring Referrals
- Academic Success and Academic Probation Coaching
- Petitions and Course Substitution Requests
We are available to assist students with any problems or questions that arise during their careers as GWSB undergraduate students.