Welcome to The Advising Center
Our office serves as the academic resource hub for all undergraduate students in the School of Business.
Duquès Hall, Suite 456
2201 G St NW
Washington, DC 20052
Increased Advising Availability for Fall 2015 Registration
Express Advising Hours:
Monday through Friday | 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Get quick answers to quick questions!
No appointment needed! Students can sign in at the front desk to meet with an advisor-on-duty for 15 minutes or less to discuss their Spring 2015 schedule.
Monday through Friday
20-minute afternoon appointments to discuss Spring 2015 registration
Simply call or stop by the Advising Center to schedule an appointment.
The following topics CANNOT be addressed during the Registration Advising period, but can be taken care of during a scheduled appointment November 19 or after:
- Planning for study abroad
- Graduation estimates
- Long-term scheduling recommendations
- Major/minor exploratory conversations
- Prospective internal transfer questions
- Articulation of external transfer credits
- Documentation needed for internships
- ISO requests
Who is your advisor?
Our staff listing includes information on who you should meet with. General schedule & curriculum questions should be directed to the GWSB advisor per the listed alpha split. Questions about Study Abroad, External Transfers, Individualized Fields, and 5-year Program should be directed to the advisor(s) who oversees those specialty areas.
Mission of the Advising Center
The GWSB Advising Center supports and empowers our students to achieve their educational goals through:
- Goal Setting/Academic Planning: We work with students to develop a plan to ensure timely completion of their educational goals.
- Development: We are committed to empowering students to make decisions, grow, and develop into independent thinkers and learners as they advance through their educational process at GWSB.
- Advocacy: We serve as our students’ advocates when appropriate, both within the University and to external parties.
- Resources: We provide our students with information to help develop their academic skills by referring them to the appropriate academic resources.
- Logistics: We provide students with the tools to access the necessary resources at GW to achieve success, which will serve as a foundation for future means of adapting to new environments.
- Advising Services: The Advising Center assists students in the following areas:
- Course Selection
- Concentration/Major/Minor Selection
- Interpreting University Policies and Procedures
- Study Abroad Advising
- Tutoring Referrals
- Academic Success and Academic Probation Coaching
- Registration for Independent Research
- Graduation Clearance
- Dean’s Certifications
- Petitions for Exceptions to Academic Policies
We are available to assist students with any problems or questions that arise during their careers as GWSB undergraduate students.