Welcome to The Advising Center
Our office serves as the academic resource hub for all undergraduate students in the School of Business.
Please note: Advising Center will be closed the following dates:
Wednesday, August 19th
Friday, August 21st
Friday, August 28th (we will only be seeing External Transfer & International First Year students today)
Duquès Hall, Suite 456
2201 G St NW
Washington, DC 20052
Mission of the Advising Center:
The GWSB Advising Center supports and empowers our students to achieve their educational goals through:
- Goal Setting/Academic Planning: We work with students to develop a plan to ensure timely completion of their educational goals.
- Development: We are committed to empowering students to make decisions, grow, and develop into independent thinkers and learners as they advance through their educational process at GWSB.
- Advocacy: We serve as our students’ advocates when appropriate, both within the University and to external parties.
- Resources: We provide our students with information to help develop their academic skills by referring them to the appropriate academic resources.
- Logistics: We provide students with the tools to access the necessary resources at GW to achieve success, which will serve as a foundation for future means of adapting to new environments.
- Advising Services: The Advising Center assists students in the following areas:
- Course Selection
- Concentration/Major/Minor Selection
- Interpreting University Policies and Procedures
- Study Abroad Advising
- Tutoring Referrals
- Academic Success and Academic Probation Coaching
- Registration for Independent Research
- Graduation Clearance
- Dean’s Certifications
- Petitions for Exceptions to Academic Policies
We are available to assist students with any problems or questions that arise during their careers as GWSB undergraduate students.
Who is your advisor?
Our staff listing includes information on who you should meet with. General schedule & curriculum questions should be directed to the GWSB advisor per the listed alpha split. Questions about Study Abroad, should be directed to the advisor(s) who oversees that specialty area after students review the Study Abroad Resources, here . To make an appointment with an advisor please use our online appointment system, here.