Welcome to The Advising Center
Our office serves as the academic resource hub for all undergraduate students in the School of Business.
Duquès Hall, Suite 456
2201 G St NW
Washington, DC 20052
DegreeMAP View Only
Beginning 5:00 pm on Friday, July 14 through Monday, August 7, DegreeMAP will be view access only and advisors will not be able to add notes or plan courses. If you meet with an academic advisor during this time, an update will be posted to your Notes/Planner tab once the software update is complete. Additionally, suggested courses for Fall 2017 registration may be e-mailed to you. We appreciate your patience as GW updates DegreeMAP to better serve you.
Summer 2017 Advising Center Hours
From Monday, May 22, 2017 until Friday, August 18, 2017, the Advising Center will be open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Advising Center will close at Noon on Friday, July 21, 2017.
- The Advising Center will be closed Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
Mission of the Advising Center:
The GWSB Advising Center supports and empowers our students to achieve their educational goals through:
- Goal Setting/Academic Planning: We work with students to develop a plan to ensure timely completion of their educational goals.
- Development: We are committed to empowering students to make decisions, grow, and develop into independent thinkers and learners as they advance through their educational process at GWSB.
- Advocacy: We serve as our students’ advocates when appropriate, both within the University and to external parties.
- Resources: We provide our students with information to help develop their academic skills by referring them to the appropriate academic resources.
- Logistics: We provide students with the tools to access the necessary resources at GW to achieve success, which will serve as a foundation for future means of adapting to new environments.
- Advising Services: The Advising Center assists students in the following areas:
- Course Selection and Registration
- Concentration/Major/Minor Selection
- Interpreting University Policies and Procedures
- Academic Planning for Study Abroad
- Tutoring Referrals
- Academic Success and Academic Probation Coaching
- Petitions and Course Substitution Requests
We are available to assist students with any problems or questions that arise during their careers as GWSB undergraduate students.