GW Student Investment Fund
The RSIF & PSIF Mission
The Student Investment Fund at The George Washington University (GWSIF) is designed to be a leader in applied investing education. GWSIF will further the work of the Ramsey Student Investment Fund (RSIF) and Phillips Student Investment Fund (PSIF). GWSIF’s mission is to promote applied investment learning through the management of real capital by students, bring practitioners into the classroom, and connect students to the investment industry.
GWSIF works to bring together world-class education, outreach and networking, as well as research through the lens of applied investing. GWSIF will provide the framework for the growth of applied investing education and experiential learning at GW.
Current Student Managed Funds
RSIF (est. 2005) & PSIF (est. 2008) – assets under management: $3.9 million.
- Contributed to the preparedness of more than 400 GWSB students to work in investment management and finance.
- More than 50 guest lecturers and outside affiliations.
- Students securing jobs, examples include: Goldman Sachs, Fidelity Investments, The Motley Fool, Sands Capital, Bank of America, Citi, Passport Capital, GE Capital, FBR, and Empire Capital.
- RSIF student experience: Consistently rated above average for the finance program and the School of Business.
- Ramsey Student Investment Fund Conference now in its eighth year.