Department of Management Research
The GW School of Business Department of Management hosts scholars and professors researching a variety of topics. Please click on each profile below for a sample of the initiatives accomplished by our faculty and doctoral students, as well as dissertations supported by CFEE.
- Dr. Sheetal Singh, Assistant Professor of Management
- Dr. George Solomon, Associate Professor of Management, Co-Director, CFEE, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Small Business Management
- Dr. Paul Swiercz, Professor of Management, Senior Vice-President, Strategic Partnerships, International Council for Small Business
- Dr. Ayman El Tarabishy, Associate Teaching Professor in Management, Executive Director, International Council for Small Business
- Dr. Erik Winslow, Professor Emeritus, Co-Director, CFEE
CFEE has frequently supported doctoral students’ research, publications, and dissertations within the GWSB Department of Management. Presented below is a sample of doctoral dissertations promoted and upheld by CFEE since its founding in 2005.
- Yoon, Jeewhan (2013). Team Learning and Financial Performance: The Effects of Psychological Safety and Team Supervisor Support.
- He, Vivianna Fang (2013). Learning from Failure: The Making of Entrepreneurial Leaders.
- Kang, Jae Hyeung (2012). CEOs’ Transformational Leadership and Managers’ Innovative Behavior: The Investigation of Intervening Effects in Entrepreneurial Context. Committee:
- Tomczyk, David (2011). The Relationship between Long-Term Video Game Playing and Individuals’ Entrepreneurial Traits and Intent: An Exploratory Study.
- Phillips, Jonathan Mark (2011). Professional Service Entrepreneurship: The Effect of Transformational Leadership upon Entrepreneurial Climate and Performance in Professional Service Firms.
- Lee, Junghyun (2011). The Effects of Leadership Behavior On Workplace Harassment, Employee Outcomes, And Organizational Effectiveness In Small Businesses.
- Arvisais, Mark A. (2008). Narcissism as a Trait of Full-Range Leadership: A Historiometric Investigation of Corporate Executives.
- Nixdorff, Janet (2008) Unraveling the Process: A Qualitative Study of Entrepreneurial Cognition in Opportunity Recognition.
- Compton, David (2008). High Reliability Leadership: Developing Executive Leaders for High Reliability Organizations.
- Duffy, Susan (2007). Entrepreneurial Learning: Exploring Unexpected Key Events in Post Start-up.
- Baker, Susan (2006). The Effect of Leader-Follower Agreement on Team Effectiveness.