Essay/Statement of Purpose
- One essay. In an essay limited to 500 words, discuss your long-term and short-term professional objectives and how your past experiences have contributed to and defined these objectives. Include in your statement why you want to pursue a graduate business degree at this point in time. If any include related qualifications, including collegiate, professional, and community activities, and any other substantial accomplishments not previously mentioned in the application.
Prior Academic Record and/or Undergraduate Transcript
Upload copies of your transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, whether or not the program was completed or the credit appears as a transfer credit on another transcript. Note that admitted students will be required to submit official, sealed transcripts with proof of bachelor’s degree. There is no need to submit them at the time when you first apply.Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission. International applicants should upload the English-language version of their transcripts or a copy of a credentialed evaluation. For a list of acceptable foreign credential evaluation services, please visit nacs.org.
Standardized Test Scores
Either the Graduate Management Admissions Test – GMAT (500 or higher score). GW institution code QK4-4F-64 OR the Graduate Records Exam or GRE (V-160, Q-148 or higher) GW institution code 5246) is required for applicants to the main campus program. Test date must be within past five years.
GMAT or GRE Waiver: A GMAT/GRE score report is required as part of the application process for the MTA program.
Applicants are welcome to request a GMAT/GRE waiver which will be at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. Several factors are considered in the review of a waiver request, including the rigor of prior undergraduate and graduate coursework, academic performance, evidence of quantitative and analytical skills, prior work experience, current job responsibilities, and professional certifications. Applicants must submit a completed application in order to be considered for a waiver. Please include a brief summary in your application that outlines why you believe you are qualified for the test score waiver.
Please note that a GMAT/GRE waiver does not guarantee admission to the program. Contact [email protected] for more details.
Not eligible for a test waiver? George Washington applicants can benefit from 10% off any Kaplan GMAT or GRE preparation course. Use discount code GWUSB10.
- Two recommendation letters from a combination of academic and professional settings. The process for requesting and submitting online recommendations is detailed in the Graduate Application Center.
International Applications Only
- Official TOEFL score is required unless applicants have completed a degree in a country where English is the sole primary language. (TOEFL Institution Code: 5246) Score minimums are as follows:
- Internet: 100
- Computer: 250
- Paper: 600
- IELTS 7.0 Overall (no less than 6.0 in each category)
Admitted Student Profile
While we do not have minimum requirements for test scores, GPA or work experience, our program does attract top academic and professional talent. Statistics from the most recent admission period are as follows:
- Average GPA: 3.4
- Percentage Female: 76%
- Percentage International: 53%
- Average Age: 26
- Priority Deadline: 12/31/2017
- Final International Deadline: 4/15/2018
- Final Deadline: 7/15/2018
- MBA Program
- Executive Education
- Specialized Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Online Programs
- Graduate Certificates
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052